1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Condemned 2 delayed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 12 Mar 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Only just getting through the original Condemned now, despite having bought it with the 360 at launch.

As of Monday, I'm on the last level having just escaped from SKX (and lost my Taser :( which I only just started getting used to using on the last few levels).
    I'm enjoying the game but the pace Ethan walks at is painfully slow (literally - holding the left stick in to get him to run adds hardly any speed to his movement but a adds bit of pain to your thumb after a while).

3. CardJoe

Admittedly the walk speed is slow - thank God there's a sprint button in the sequel. I used to taser pretty much constantly though, it's an awesome way to thin down groups, especially if you follow up with a sledgehammer blow and a kick to the groin.

4. Boogle

Boogle New Member

Great game on the X360, I hope the sequel keeps up the good work and doesn't suddenly destroy the gameplay. If you don't have the original, it would be well worth getting - especially since it's dirt cheap now.

But the question is - is Condemned 2 graphically better on the X360 or PS3?

5. CardJoe

They are identical. I've played preview of both and couldn't spot a difference.

6. echostrike

echostrike New Member

You nancy brits!
    Condemned seriously was one of the best games that noone played! I dont care if you think the running is a little slow --i mean in what other game do you get the gritty melee battles that you have in condemned??? don't say like god of war or something (also great game) but with condemned its so dirty you almost start to feel bad beating down a bunch of drugged up hobos. Man this game is phenonmenal--and blademark--you can;t tell me that you didnt get a shiver down your spine when you went out to that psychopaths house towards the end of the game-- and you had to use the liitle light to read all the writing all over the house. FREAKY!!!! im pissed at the delay b/c i recently went out and rebought this game on pc to get ready for the sequel (which ill be picking upo on the good ol ps3).

my 2 cents!

7. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Actually, wandering round the basement while searching for the clues I was just left wondering where all the crawlers were coming from - I kept thinking I was alone and then all of a sudden there's one attacking me. It's not as if there were that many places for that many of them to hide. and while waiting for an enemy with a fire-axe I watched more than one enemy jump through a solid glass window without breaking it (now that is freaky).

tbh, I did find the combat to be a bit annoying (block/taser, hit enemy while incapacitated - repeat) at least if you taser your opponent it first means that you usually only have to hit your enemy once and then carry on (except for on the last level, because you don't have your taser).

If you want to play a truly creepy game while waiting my suggestion is to try Eternal Darkness: Sanitys Requiem on either GC or Wii BC.

8. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

NO! It was meant to be despatched to me today :'(

9. DougEdey

Joe: Can you contact Sega...

According to McWhertor he has condemned 2

10. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I've noticed HardOCP playing it on my friends list...

11. DougEdey

Is this another case of "Europe is not as important as the US even tho they have a massive market value"?

Tags: Add Tags