1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Confirmed LGA2011 motherboard list (WARNING: Pic heavy)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mecblade, 27 Oct 2011.

1. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

VR-Zone have just reported on Biostar's TPower X79

[​IMG]

It looks like it might only have PCI-E 2.0,and it has a lot of power inputs (2 * 8-pin 12V connectors and a Molex), which seems a lot for a board this size. It's not one of my favourites!

They have also reported on Intel's DX79SI, which looks like a much nicer board to my untrained eye. The Intel board has 3 * PCI-E 3.0 x 16 slots and 8 DIMM slots.

[​IMG]

mecblade likes this.
  2. mecblade

mecblade 14 year old Technophile

Edited first post, thanks debs and da kille :)

Last edited: 1 Nov 2011
  3. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

No problem. I was researching an article for another site and came across these that had just been posted, so thought of this thread:)

4. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

And the winner is...............................the EVGA Classified and F_T_W for being the first boards that I, personally(correct me if there are others), have ever seen with a side exit 24-pin connector! Seriously, they've all been doing it with SATA for years now and are fully aware that most of the top line boards are going to be purchased by enthusiasts and modders so why is it taking so long for simple little things like this to be industry standard for all the connectors? Most of these boards have all the connections for power, drives and front panel at the edges so why not just make them side exit to suit the intended market?

Also, the MSI X79-GD65 (Normal Version) has that other connector next to the 24-pin. what the hell is that?

I've never been a big fan of ASRock but that X79-Extreme 7 looks pretty damn cool.

Last edited: 8 Nov 2011
  5. SpAceman

SpAceman What's a Dremel?

My local retailer posted some cool pics on their Facebook page. A "quick teaser" was their words...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. the_kille4

the_kille4 Chaos will rule da world.eventually

7. mecblade

mecblade 14 year old Technophile

Posted Motherboard above and MSI X-Power II. Seems MSI've taken a leaf out of Gigabyte's book *frowns*

8. Arghnews

Arghnews What's a Dremel?

What the hell is that Sabertooth packing to need 2 fans on the board? :O Even the ridiculous SR3 and the like only have 1 XD

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The Sabertooth series is made to withstand ANY environment: including extremes of humidity and temperature. It will work beyond any normal motherboard, so if you happen to live in a desert, seafront, Miami, Singapore, Arctic etc it won't fall over. If you're used to moderate temps and low humidity where you live then come visit Taipei or Hong Kong and see how quickly PC stuff falls over and rusts ;) I already lost my WHS last summer :(

We class Sabertooth as 'consumer workstation' boards for people who don't need exotic PCIe/PCI-X arrangements on the WS boards. In many regions has a 5 year warranty - more than any other consumer motherboard on the market - and in that respect, like servers, it needs fans to ensure it's kept cool enough; it cannot rely on the user putting it into a high airflow PC case. The rear I/O fan is entirely optional, but the X79 chipset is hot, so to ensure stability in SLI/CF setups it uses a fan.

Check out the X58 TUF board - the same technologies and testing procedures apply.
    http://promos.asus.com/us/Sabertoothx58/

Also, The C1X79 EVO above doesn't exist, it's not a retail product.

10. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

11. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Are those chipset fans loud though like back in the day.

And ive read putting some silica gel (like you get with shoes) in the pc somewhere will absorb any moisture :clap:

12. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

I'm wondering if we will see some mini-ITX board ... might be hard to fit all components but maybe if I dream hard enough :D.

13. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I would love to see EVGA release something similar to the x58 SLI LE board, all black PCB with beautiful (and functional) heatsinks.

14. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

EVGA for me, without question.

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You won't see it. CPU socket is too big.

We're going to record one running so you can hear it. People are airing on the side of caution it seems. I've got a pro voice recorder so I've just got to make some time.

16. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Damned, that's what I thought :wallbash:

17. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Cheers buddy, yeah i imagine they are, its been a while since we have seen chipset fans, and the general thought is the smaller the fan the louder it is !

18. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

19. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

20. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Tom's also benched a 3960X and to be honest, I'm beginning to wonder whether it's worth it. With no native USB 3.0 or PCIe V3 support (or is that not the case now?) it will not be the ground breaking platform 1366 was.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/core-i7-3960x-x79-performance,3026.html

I am disappoint. :(

I'm starting to wonder if I should just go 1155 and upgrade to IB later next year. The only thing still stopping me is the memory bandwidth, which WILL be useful for encoding, but then again, 1155 has Quick Sync. As Tom's surmised, I reckon X79 will be quite a short lived platform. X58 has been, let's face it, an amazing platform. I'm starting to lack confidence in X79.

Time for a strokey beard moment.

Bindi! You still following me around? :) What's the low down on PCIe V3 on X79? Will it have it? All type approved and ready to go when cards hit the streets? This could be a deal breaker.

Last edited: 9 Nov 2011