1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other CONFIRMED - pics of the 4g / HD iPhone

Discussion in 'General' started by GreatOldOne, 18 Apr 2010.

1. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

From engadget:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/17/iphone-4g-is-this-it/

Interesting. A departure from the current design if it is the real deal... And if the story is to be believed the guy who dropped it in that bar is in for a real kicking from Steveo. :)

Last edited: 20 Apr 2010
  2. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

I don't believe it. That's the sort of thing Samsung or some other major manufacturer would turn out, it looks good, but seriously not sleek enough for Apple. Unless it is merely a sample box that just runs the guts.

3. ChriX

ChriX ^

Could be a proto I guess but don't believe the final release will look like that - the silver band running round the edge doesn't look right.

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

The problem is that there are so many blatant iPhone clones about in the Far East that you'd have to rule all those out first. I'd need to see it run the iPhone OS. But the details look credible.

5. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

How do the details look in any way credible? It has nasty joints in the plastic all over it, the FCC/CE logos are enormous and shiny (they've previously been as subtle as possible), the round buttons are very un-Apple and there's huge holes in the bottom.

It's almost certainly a prototype of a chinese rip-off.

6. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

I'm skeptical, we've all heard the rumours about how insanely secretive Steve Jobs is regarding leaks. I just doubt he would even let it out of Apple HQ, let alone allow some Exec to flash it around a bar.

7. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

I think we're about due for a design aesthetic change in the iPhone. We've had essentially the same aesthetic from its origin, the 3G was a little different to the 1st gen but the 3gs was practically identical to the 3G, I wouldn't be at all suprised if the 4G was significantly different to the 3gs and the phone in those pics looks quite similar to a shrunk iPad.

Moriquendi

8. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Why bother printing any of the **** on the backside of it, if it's for testing purposes? It looks very un-Apple as already stated by other posters.

9. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

It is in no way related to apple

10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

You're right. All the switches, sockets and screws are in the right place, but they look a bit unrefined. The FCC/CE logos are about the size of those on an iPhone 3G, but they are white rather than grey so look less subtle.

The silver part I assume is meant to be aluminium, but the two seams (top and side would suggest plastic --which is something Apple would never do. Apple would also never design a raised glass (or polycarbonate) bezel because that is asking for impact cracks.

Moreover I think the iPhone 4G will have a micro-SIM card.

HTC Legend: seamless aluminium body. Say no more.

11. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

iPhone = yawn.

12. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

We already saw something very similar on the 2g... I hope it doesn't have a metallic unibody because that would be awful for reception.

Moriquendi

13. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

User replaceable battery? No way thats an Apple device ;)

Could potentially be an engineering prototype i guess, but if so that is in no way going to be the final hardware design :hehe:

14. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Engadget has pretty much confirmed that it is indeed the new iPhone. Turns out it was under their noses the entire time. When they got the leaked iPad picture 1 day before launch, the new iPhone was in the top right of the pic but nobody noticed.

TBH good to see Apple trying something new. I like the new design, it feels more industrial.

So, back to GOO's original post - what will Steve Jobs do to the guy who lost the phone in a bar? Force the guy's first born child to donate any organs that Steve Jobs may need in the future?

15. GreatOldOne

More disection of the pics:

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/04/18/iphone-4g-to-have-glass-ceramic-back-user-removable-battery/

16. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

The person who lost that in a San Jose bar is gonna be in a big heap 'o trouble :naughty:

17. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Two words...

Controlled Leak.

Nuff Said.

18. GreatOldOne

Stop me if you've heard this one:

"Steve Jobs walks into a bar in San Jose, and drops his phone..."

:p

Lorquis likes this.
  19. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Im still not convinced. Makes far more sense that its an engineering testbed, that would explain the markings on the back plus the fact that you can take it apart.

20. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Best site for checking out mobile phones is GSMARENA