1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other CONFIRMED - pics of the 4g / HD iPhone

Discussion in 'General' started by GreatOldOne, 18 Apr 2010.

1. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

Yeah they did take a risk. Taking it apart probaly went to far, but I guess they are counting on Apple seeing this as free advertising. A brilliant way to steel attention from the Dell Lightning. Now lots of people will put off buying a new phone untill this comes out.

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Apple may be smart enough to treat it as such. Some people speculated that Apple would be very unhappy as this will dent their sales of the iPhone 3GS. My feeling is: those who don't care about how many mega-pixels the camera has etc. will happily buy the 3GS now. Those who do want better features in their mobile would be waiting for the iPhone 4G anyway. This accidental release stops that crowd from looking at competitors' phones in the mean time.

3. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I agree with Nexxo here, and any person that waits for the 4G will still be buying the 4G later on, it's not lost revenue but delayed revenue which isn't the end of the world

4. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

The police are now looking into the details surrounding the phone:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-20003308-37.html

5. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Ughh, I've just realised that towards the end of the year I'm going to have horrible time picking a new phone. Between the iPhone 4, HTC EVO and Dell Lightning - that is a serious decision to make. Hopefully either the first generation of Windows Phone 7 will suck, or a European 3G version of the EVO never happens. Either of those things will help.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Absolutely digging the Lightning's slide-out keyboard. Virtual keyboards are hell for my big hands and fat fingers.

6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I never heard of the Lightning before... but NICE ! They're using the Zune HD interface haha ! Awesome :D

7. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Yeah the screen is a render, actual phone will use Windows Phone 7 - which in turn is based on the ZuneHD interface.

The biggest problem I have at the moment with the Lightning is sheer snobbery, the Dell logo on the back is ghastly. Dell needs to follow in Toyota's footsteps and create a luxury brand like Lexus.

8. knuck

knuck Hate your face

like Acura and Infinity. That could work but if they want a breakout with their first model then they need to mention Dell as many times as they can, otherwise why would dumb customers buy an unknown brand instead of an Apple

9. Mr Mario

Heres the tech spec for it from engadget:

Am loving the inclusion of a OLED screen, I hope the iphone 4g has one aswell.

10. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

If I didn't have my N900, I would have probably waited for the Lightning before picking a phone.

Dell Flash looks appealing, too! (IMO) The design is better than the newest iPhone, for one.

11. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Have you used one? Try to use a Nexus One in daylight and then tell me if OLED is ready for consumers.

12. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

13. Mr Mario

Is it not all it's been cracked up to?

14. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Virtually unusable...
    Some might be taken by the increased battery life and quality of a OLED, but me? I prefer the weather not dictating when or where I use my phone.

15. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

16. GreatOldOne

17. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Now the brown stuff has very much hit the fan:
    http://gizmodo.com/5524843/police-seize-jason-chens-computers

18. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

This is like a real life soap opera now, I love it.

19. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Read that this morning also... OUCH!
    Yes, It might (I am no lawyer) be a felony to buy something that's assumed stolen or found, but belonging to someone else knowingly.
    However, besides the article, which surely played right into Apple's field i.t.o. viral marketing, they GAVE the phone back to apple. They didn't hold it for ransom, didn't sell it back to Apple, nothing. For that matter, they CALLED Apple and said "We have your phone and want to return it..."

20. GreatOldOne

That Grey Powell's iPhone is going to get a hell of a lot more expensive for the Giz team. Jason Chen's had his computers siezed after a warrent was issued by the San Mateo Superior Court:

http://gizmodo.com/5524843/police-seize-jason-chens-computers

That's a lot of stuff they've impounded. The authorities obviously think there is a crime to be investigated, as they wouldn't have gone to the effort of getting a warrant....

I suggest that they hire the best lawyer they can, as they're in for a bumpy ride.

Maybe this guy? He seems to get a lot of work:

[​IMG]

:lol: