1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Connecting Xbox to internet through Laptop?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Tim92, 16 Dec 2009.

1. Tim92

Tim92 Blah! Blah!

Hello all,

I wasn't exactly sure where to put this, but I have read that it's possible to connect your XBox 360 to the internet via your computers wireless connection. Well, I have tried many tutorials and haven't managed it yet! Why have I been trying? Cause I'm to poor to buy a wireless device for the Xbox.

Some of the tutorials say all you have to do is hook the ethernet cable up to your Xbox to your computer. Then from there go to network settings and allow others to connect to you. I have tried that and it is not working. Still says there is no connection.

I read else where that you have to bridge the wireless connection to the network cable. I have tried that and is not allowing me to. :grr:

If anyone can help I would be much obliged.

-Tim
    (btw, I'm running Windows XP if that matters.)

2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

why don't you plug the xbox directly to your router ?

3. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

If he was able to do that, I'm sure he would have.

It's normally in your Wireless Connection Advanced Settings - in one of the tabs, you'll see a check-box marked "Allow connected computers to share my wireless connection.

There's a few guides on Instructables, like this one here.

4. Tim92

Tim92 Blah! Blah!

If I had one I would have but at the moment I'm in a hotel for another 2 months and all they have is wireless.

Mavrick: I tried that but it didn't seem to work. But, I did find a way to bridge the ports and I have internet access. Though the internet here is too slow I can't connect to Live.
    Anyway thanks for the suggestions!

-Tim

5. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

Like this one? That works OK, but I was talking about this method.

Either way, glad to see you're online, but yeah, it'll suck, speed-wise, at a hotel.