1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Contact Lenses in UK?

Discussion in 'General' started by Skylined, 23 Oct 2013.

1. Skylined

Skylined Active Member

In a couple of weeks I'll be traveling to the US and I wanted to get contact lenses from there.
    They ask for a prescription and none of the online stores that I´ve contacted accepted the prescription that my local eye doctor gave me last monday. :waah:

As an alternative, I noticed that people in the US without a prescription often buy contact lenses from online UK stores.

Could you please recommend me online stores in the UK to buy them and get them shipped to the US?
    Is there any site like ResellerRatings or Bizrate, but for online stores in the UK?

2. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

3. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I've never bought online. Are you buying dailies or monthly/fornightly/weekly disposables?

4. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

5. Skylined

Skylined Active Member

Thanks guys, I got my contacts. :)

I buy monthlies, Biofinity from Cooper Vision, espheric and toric.
    I would like to try the Acuvue Oasys.

Next time I think I'll buy them online, probably from the UK and get them shipped here (Uruguay).

It seems that shops in the UK don't have that ridiculous US prescription restriction, you can get bullets but not contacts. :duh:
    And just in case, it's not that I don't have a prescription, I went to the eye doctor and I have my prescription, it's just that they don't accept it. :wallbash:

6. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

I also use contactlenses.co.uk and can highly recommend them, I've found them to be cheap, fast and reliable thus far. Plenty of UK shops do want a prescription, but I reckon that it's just because there's a lot of money to be made in a check-up/examination I suppose.