1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Conveyancing service recommendations?

Discussion in 'General' started by wyx087, 5 Jan 2015.

1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Looking up conveyancing quotes is like comparing apples and oranges while having to take a bite of a lemon in between.

I find word of mouth is the best way to find a good service.

So any conveyancing service you'd recommend? or any you'd recommend people to avoid?

2. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Well-Known Member

The easiest and cleanest way would be to just have your free time with a solicitor and then should that sound like it fits your requirement, arrange an appointment between yourself, the solicitor and the 3rd party and get on with signing your life away :)

3. TheCherub

TheCherub Member

We recently sold out house and I used a friend of mine who was excellent, very helpful and patient even when the buyer and the buyer's solicitor both turned out to be incompetent cockwombles:

http://www.rowlinsonssolicitors.co.uk/site/people/profile/md

Distance wasn't an issue, everything just went by post

4. wyx087

Thanks. I'll give him a ring.

5. gagaga

gagaga Member

If you're buying in London, spend the extra £100-£200 and use someone local. In my (recent) experience, the market here works differently (especially flats) and those outside London aren't used to some of the quirks here.

Also, a local firm know of potential delays in the process (Eg, local authorities who are slow at searches).

6. wyx087

Haha, I'm not rich looking to buy inside central London. Much closer to the outskirts, outside north circular that's for sure.