1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Cool Master "267" (PSU mounting ideas)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by tranc3, 28 Sep 2009.

1. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the case is a Cool Master Centurion 534, this is how it was when i got it.
    [​IMG]
    I've been wanting to do a compact mod for a while. and had this case sitting around in my closet for a while. I'm planning to make it as compact as i can, while still being an effectuate computer case, So when i get around to actually working on it, i can promise an interesting mod.

Last edited: 4 Oct 2009
  2. sentek

sentek What's a Dremel?

very nice 3d work, i love the layout...

im looking forward to a nice project log! ^_^

Last edited: 29 Sep 2009
  3. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

Oh wow! Never seen anything like this before.

4. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Can't wait to see it

5. stuartwood89

PSU placement is genius. Are you going to run an extension to the back of the case or run the cable out of the side?

6. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Thanks for the replys every one! this is going to be a fun mod, I'm really excited to start it, although I'm trying to hold back from jumping in to it to quickly since i want to make sure i have it all completely planed out.

I'm not sure yet. i was thinking extending the power connector from the psu to the back bottom corner of the case directly under the rear fan, running the wires up to the top of the case, and then back down.. Something to help the case keep it's stealthy look.

7. coolmiester

coolmiester Coolermaster Legend

I chopped a Cosmos 1000 in half last year which was a lot of fun :)

[​IMG]

8. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

looks good. I hope mine comes out that nice!

9. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

that was an awesome external cooling unit, will you ever do a limited production run?

10. stuartwood89

Yeah go with that.... or run the cable to the back of the case, but keep it at the bottom, under or next to the fan, that way you don't have the external cable trailing up to the top of the case.

11. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

I'm also looking in to one of the higer end micro atx psus, It'd give me room for an air duct to vent the hot air from the psu/ hard drives out.
    Athena Power AP-MPS3ATX55EP8 550W
    /edit.. im not sure if that would run my upgrades i want.. i5, and sli gts 250s

Last edited: 29 Sep 2009
  12. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

You would need to combine 3 12v rails for one card. Don't get it since there are 4 12v rails, at 8.5amps each.
    Go ask on the EVGA forums, unless you get a proper response here.

13. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Well i think I'm going to vertical mount a full sized psu to the floor. the cable management would be slightly better as well. Still throwing ideas around.. i coudlnt figuer out a way to mount it the way it was any way.

14. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Just something short for you guys. since the case is called a Cool Master Centurion 534 I've decided i want to do something about the number "267" witch is half "534" So i guess I'll be referring to this case as the Cool Master Centurion 267. just for kicks.

15. stuartwood89

Very clever :rock:

16. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

these next two images illustrate just how tight of a fit this should all be.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the black object is a 3.5 fan controller and the white is a slandered sized power supply. The main thing worrying me at the moment is the air flow with the power supply and front in take fan, since I don't want any vents on the side of the case It'd causing a bit of a thermal management problem with the positioning. I'm going to have to make a power supply mount for the case and then rivet it to the cd drive bay, and the hard drive bay at the bottom. It will all rest as one solid piece and provide the case a very stiff and hopefully silent structure.

17. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

These images will give you a better idea of my almost final PSU mount idea. it'll be made of two pieces I illustrated this by making one red and one black, may use this in the actually design for a two-toned look. It will be riveted to the cd drive rack and the bottom floor pan like i mentioned in the post before this. I made the general location of the rivets green, this is just for comparison the final will have them evenly spaced, with that in mind the scale of the design is off by a bit but it still gives a pretty close representation of what I'm thinking.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 3 Oct 2009
  18. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Well now i have every thing ready to start, I was just informed that my step dad randomly bought a sandblaster and a few other wonderful contraptions that'll help with this mod.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

also would any one know how to make this in sketch up...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 5 Oct 2009
  19. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

You mean the bulging mesh or just the hole placement?

20. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

The indention of the metal, like how its dipped in and then dipped out. I can't figure out how to make the curved edges i guess?
    /edit but to be hounsut i don't realy even know how to make mesh, i know i could download one, but i feel better if i make my own.

Last edited: 5 Oct 2009