1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coolamasta's SandyBridge-EP (Xeon) build! - Some Pics Up!

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by coolamasta, 10 Sep 2012.

1. Ben Lamb

Ben Lamb What's a Dremel?

I have had similar problems - if you are loosing the units when they end and are getting ready for upload then you need a small core voltage tweak eg. +0.02v. Linux runs the cpus at high turbo multis eg. 28x when running one or two cores which you will be at unit end when the work is done. This spike in frequency can cause a crash if core voltage is too low. If you are getting random restarts when the cpu is at full load then memory voltage can be the culprit and a small +0.02v bump can help here, try to run all the memory at the same voltage reported by the bios monitor which may mean tweaking one bank a bit higher than the other. Increasing VSA can increase unstability and I find it runs well at a low 1.010 to 1.020v.

We must have 104mhz !!!!

2. sean86

sean86 What's a Dremel?

What coolers are you using? I'm building a rig similar and was looking at the corsiar h80. can you recommend any others?

Thanks

3. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

It's no wonder your Nas build is coming along so slowly:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18453923&page=2

didn;t realise you had two builds on the go simultaneously!!!

You mentioned you got 178000 out of the rig... What's the PPD and PPD per watt settled out at over a longer period? I'm guessing you've got other rigs folding as well as this...?