1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Coolant and tubing color mixes

Discussion in 'Modding' started by FOReVER_NOOB, 11 Nov 2010.

1. FOReVER_NOOB

FOReVER_NOOB What's a Dremel?

Does anybody have pics where UV reactive coolant and tubing colors are mixed?

For example... UV green tubing with UV purple coolant.

2. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

I just noticed this now.

The colors will mix to create a darker color. Red coolant in red tubing will create a darker red, and green tubing with purple coolant would create a dark color, something like brown I expect - the exact shade depends how dark and what color balance the green and purple are.

If you mix light however, the opposite would happen. The colors add to create a brighter light. Two red lights mixed together create a brighter and lighter shade of red, and a green light mixed with a purple light could create a fairly bright and light color, something like an off white/light tan/cream color, but again the resulting colors all depend on the exact color balance and intensity of each color used.

3. Mat-O

Mat-O What's a Dremel?

Yes, they are both coloured filters essentially, so it should go dark or even opaque. For example, a green filter would take away everything except the green light. Put that through a red filter and it should be blocked out entirely.

Not sure if the UV would make a difference. Could you get some small samples of tubing companies for an online shop? Try for yourself, although I think the results may be disappointing.

mvagusta likes this.