1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling coolant update.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by brave758, 21 Jul 2011.

1. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Hey all,

I don't know if you remember but i posted a thread about coolant a bit back.

Well i have some updates. I've been using de ionised water in my loop and after 6 weeks its got algae in it nothing bad but time for a clean. This may be due to the new GPU block i fitted not gettting cleaned, normally i get everything a rinse in water and vinegar but i couldn't be arsed.....

Cleaning shouldn't be a issue i just use di water and pine sol run it through the loop for a few hours and rinse.

I was gona try some anti algae in the mix this time so have done some googling and found iodine or fish tank anti algea recomended.

Anyone got feed back on it?

Or i might just go for the old tried and tested water and 10% anti freeze mix

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I generally use a kill coil and either PT-Nuke or 'King British Anti-Algae' (for aquariums). I've never had any algae and one of my loops was running for 14 months with just the KBAA alone.

3. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Yes mate i missed the trick really i've just dropped one of my wifes silver rings in (97% or so it claims).

I might just go for a flush and refill and see if the ring does the job.

The only chem i want to avoid is alcohol as that will trash the res.

Lol i did read that people were using bleach......:duh: