1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Cooler Master ACTS 840

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 31 Oct 2008.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

EDIT: Monday now - we're waiting on a price from Cooler Master still :( Can't score and publish it without one.

2. tanka12345

tanka12345 What's a Dremel?

Couldn't you get one of the Bit Tech team at CES to go to the Cooler Master stand and ask for a price? ;)

3. glenster

glenster glenster

I can wait--your reviews have the best thermal performance results, etc.! Also please review the Thermaltake Xpressar RCS100.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

After the Spedo, I can't see us reviewing another Thermaltake product for a while. I'll try to take a look at the Xpressar at CeBit and see if it's worth getting in, but from the videos and previews, I can't say we're that interested.

5. VenomousDesigns

VenomousDesigns What's a Dremel?

6. patchcable

patchcable Preparing to commence simulation

I like this case but i don't think i will be able to find a place for my 2x dual rads

7. patchcable

patchcable Preparing to commence simulation

The SilverStone TJ07B-W looks like it might fit two dual rads a lot easier, has anybody tried it in either of these cases?

8. tomppi

tomppi What's a Dremel?

love this case..

but a few thing i'm still unsure about,
    sound dampening and availability of 23mm replacement fans.
    and it could be more pleasing to the eye IMO.

also the dust filter cleaning seems a little cumbersome.
    saw a lian-li case that had all the intake fan filters in the front door.

could anyone please debunk one or two of these so i could buy one :)

9. Cyggie

Cyggie What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

I've recently bought new hardware however i didn't replace my case, during the installation and even after i keep getting annoyed with my current case. (Antec Sonata II) So i decided for current and future convenience that i should really buy a new case.

I absolutely love your review of this and other cases yet i am still left with a question rather specific to my hardware. The ATCS-840 has a removable motherboard tray, it seems rather large however my cpu cooler is also rather large. (Scythe Mugen II)

I would be great full if any one with hands on experience could comment if this removable tray and this specific cpu cooler allow for use of the removable tray. The hole cut in the back of the motherboard tray does allow for easier dismantle of the cpu cooler but i would prefer to avoid doing so each time.

Jeroen.

10. xgaz

xgaz What's a Dremel?

Hey guys

Thanks to you poeple.
    week so far. read mon antec 840 review-> tues read aug hard reconmendations-> wed shop around -> thursday buy -> fri wait-> sat miss the 6-1 kick in of my team (no ccomment) thanks to ebuyer for that cos i wanted to play with my new case more anyway (plus didnt want to cry)

love this case. the psu install shocked me, the other person touched apon this with the heat rising up and what not, but my systems not cutting edge, i'm using it with my q6600 + xfx 650i, so its not really that new. works fine, much quiter , then my old case. so far heat and sound are great, installed somme monitoring software and the mobo is running a cool late 30 ish, cpu mid 40 ish, and gpu at 60 ish (lol its a hot 9800gtx) which is ok for me

love the case the pop up usb panel. the only thing that annoyed me was when i was instralling a card reading device

i have one that is the same size as a floppy drive so thought it might be good to try it out and put it in the slot (3 hours later...), well u need to screw it in the 3 1/2 drive is annoying and the bracket doesnt work with the screwless assess! well not alot of ppl have floppy disk drives now so.....

anyway enough moaning. thanks guys for helping pick a great fuure proof pc case

11. greg54

greg54 What's a Dremel?

I Love this Case

I have never loved a case before but I do now. It is awesome. The most amazing thing about it is how quiet it is. With all those fans I figured it would be quite loud, and then I added two more with the Noctua NH-I12P cooler. It is whisper quiet. I would never have believed it. As far as heat and the bottom mounted PS, the air enters the PS fan and is expelled immediately from the rear. No heat is vented into the case. It is large and beautiful. Try this case, you will love it also.

12. natward

natward What's a Dremel?

Have to say I agree, I couldn't believe its size when I opened the box and got it out, its nearly twice the size of my last case. But I just love its look, I got the silver one as I want to get a Apple aluminum keyboard to match it and might even get a logitech LS1 mouse to go with it. its very quiet too apart from my sony x24 DVDRW that when in use sounds very loud, think I should of maybe found some quieter drive but the case I cannot fault, there' so much room to see things and where the go, before I was used to cramp conditions with wires clustering everything up and fiddly to do anything. Anyway I'm no tech expert but I would recommend this case if you want looks as well as some great internal features. does the biz

Tags: Add Tags