1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Cooler Master CM 690 II Case Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 18 Feb 2010.

1. Slink

Slink B7

I'm in the market for a new rig, which includes a case. but i think this is out of my budget, although it does look very nice.

2. Scootiep

Scootiep Member

Great review as usual. With the noise reductions, I think this might be the next case for me as I'll just end up liquid cooling the beast anyways.

I just have a little nit-picking in the conclusion to do..."The interior is well laid out as well". Have we discussed redundancy in writing lately? You would have been better served to use "too" or "also" at the end of that sentence. :thumb:

3. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

:jawdrop: an american giving english journalists a lesson in english.

4. pizan

pizan that's n00b-tastic

Ouch...looks like UK guys get hosed on the prices.
    Nice review I would probably get one if i needed a new case and didn't have 2 empty ones on my floor.

5. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

UK gets hosed on most things these days.... we're used to it now

6. trig

trig god's little mistake

odd to see a performance score of 7...

7. buckytomsk

buckytomsk New Member

Ermm, is it just me or are the dimensions of the case not listed? To some of us, space is consideration ;)

8. gcwebbyuk

gcwebbyuk Dib Dabbler

I have had one of these for a week or so, a massive upgrade from my coolermaster rc330 elite case.

I have all the fan bays filled, all at minimum speed, and the case is still quiet. I have added some sound deadening from the Sileo range of cases though behind the drive bays to try and cut down on hard disk drive noise.

Am very impressed with it :)

Pics: http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll9/gcwebbyuk/PC/690/

9. John_T

John_T Member

Nice pics there gcwebbyuk - they've made me like it even more.

Cases obviously don't get updated as much as all the electrical gubbins, so this has gone near the top of my list for my next build...

10. Kovoet

Kovoet New Member

NIce review but those damn cables down below puts me right and besides the case is way to small for me. Nice case for a small set up

11. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Not a bad case, and they've seemed to miraculously fixed those quality issues of yesteryear.

12. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

7 is Worth Considering, in our score guide, and that's the most appropriate description. After all, it's not like our PC was even close to overheating.

And, to prove we haven't gone mad, the Fractal Design case was a bit worse at cooling, and that got a 6 for Performance.

13. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

i might pick one of these up as a replacement for my antec900 v1 ( which i might add does a better job at sucking up household dust than our dyson - my gtx260 full load temps were starting to exceed 80c :( , blew it out with an airline in work and was amazed at the huge amount of dust that had got inside the cooler - it's now back running at 59c full load wiith a lower fan speed as when it was new - i'll never by a case without dust filters again..... )

14. Moyo2k

Moyo2k AMD Fanboy

Seems to address most of the CM 690's short comings (with the hard drive cage, radiator fitting and flimsy parts i.e. power button) but I still don't like the fact you have to pop the tabs to get the top panel off, that was one of the first thing that broke on my CM 690, a screw system - even though its less convinient, is what I'd prefer (or a thumbscrew system, then its still tool-less)

15. Surnia

Surnia New Member

i agree, why only a dust filter on the main intake? granted the side panel dust filter for me only gets dusted maybe every third dusting the front ones get, it still does pull in quite a bit... and its more of a finer variety too, that loves to cling to heatsinks. Even if they weren't offered standard, they should at least leave mounts for the filters so people can purchase them later (the antecs are pretty good with that, 1200 and 902 include side filters even without the fan)

aside from that, looks good for a low price point.

16. mayebaza

mayebaza New Member

I have this case and it as 8 PCI Slots with the 8th one conveniently placed horizontally which I use for a com port. This is another great feature of this case that makes it unrivalled when it comes to cable management.

17. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I've just bought this case, it's sweet but does anybody know how to take the top off it, where theres a 140mm fan?

18. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

nm i figured it out

Tags: Add Tags