1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU Cooler Master GX 550 - Voltages correct?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gaz_360, 10 Sep 2011.

1. gaz_360

gaz_360 Make that change

Hey everyone.

Finally decided to treat meself to a new power supply. After a bit of researched decided to go for the cooler master GX 550. Ideal for me as I don't run an overly powerful system (please see sig) and don't do a lot to stress the system out very often.

However upon installing it, im not too sure how accurtate the voltage readings on the +12 volt rail are through the BIOS and speed fan. My old PSU ran at around 11.97v according to both the BIOS and speed fan, however it says my new GX550 is running at 11.65 volts :confused:

Does anyone own this power supply and have similar readings, or would you say ive got a faulty PSU?

Thanks for any input, muchly appreciated,

Thanks

Gaz

2. slackda

slackda Is aiming for a Headshot!

Think thats the one i went for will check it later

Sent from Bittech Android app

3. MrTeal

MrTeal Minimodder

Software or BIOS voltage readings are not going to be accurate, you would need a digital multimeter to ascertain whether you were getting worrying voltages.

BTW 11.65 altho obviously a bit lower than desired, is in spec.

4. gaz_360

gaz_360 Make that change

Thanks for the replies.

That would be great if you could check yours out, although I imagine with different setups regarding sensitivity of temp diode sensors, there may be slight fluctuation within readings.

As for testing with a multimeter, I must admit I had been tempted, but didn't really fancy the whole process lol, I admit I chickened out of that one :hehe:

Very true also with the tolerance thats allowed, it still fits within the 5% difference., probably just be being too picky :D

5. slackda

slackda Is aiming for a Headshot!

[​IMG]
    2011-09-10 20.02.01 by MCfly20, on Flickr

Mine is Sitting pretty much spot on 12V...in BIOS....Speed fan is registering 10.56V...which is shocking....might get the multimeter out tomorrow.

6. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

must be speedfan as it reckons my 12v is also 10.56v.

edit:also using a gx-550

7. gaz_360

gaz_360 Make that change

Looks like speed fan is a little off with the true readings then, glad to know im not the only one lol.

Thanks for taking the time to post those pics and info up, ive just done the 5 year warranty thing too, so fingers crossed nothings wrong with it anyways.

Thanks again

Gaz

:thumb:

8. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

i think its safe to say that youll be ok, ive found my gx-550w to be totally solid and that 5 year warrantee.........:thumb: