1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooler Master Mystique 632 Black

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 11 Aug 2006.

1. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

Do you think you'l ever review Akasa's Eclipse ? best case i've ever had, well chuffed with it here :)

2. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

i reckon those doors push the cost up, cast aluminium i read somewhere

3. Mother-Goose

WHY?????? ok the coolermaster may not be great but at least it has some style!!!

4. Tim S

Tim S OG

I wouldn't be surprised - they're definitely solid aluminium

5. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Coolermaster really seem to have upped the quality they're putting out in recent years. When people start paying Lian Li money to buy cases other then Lian Li's, the company has to be doing something right. I personally spent an obscene(to me at least) £120 on my stacker, but I love the case more then any other case I've worked in, and I've worked inside a couple of Lian Li's(including a full tower).

Good for CM for continuing to bring us quality cases after what I thought was a bit of a dip after the praetorians several years back.

6. Muunsyr

Muunsyr What's a Dremel?

Reminds me of a thermal-tacky product in both looks and name. I long for the days of the wavemaster design team - sleek and elegant without losing function.

7. TURTLE786

TURTLE786 What's a Dremel?

Coolermaster = poor airflow

Have a CM Wave since the start with two raptors and two seagates. With a Intel 2.8 and zalman radial cooler with zalman psu.

I like a quiet case as possible so installed x800xt with zalman GPU heatsink.

Found after six months that m/b kept resetting to Asus bios defaults. Changed everything to no avail. Found the heart of the problem was poor air flow.

Bought new motherboard and cpu with sycthe ninja cooler and still heat was an issue. cpu in 60c's when idle and m/b in high 40c's

Had to get a new case a antec p180b and changed all case fans to low speed 120cm 1000 rpm's. Setup is really quiet with idle cpu & mb at 31c and at load it rises to only cpu 45c and mb to 41c.

My advice is asthetics is not everything especially when components like a £130 m/b overheats and is unstable thereafter.

8. Mother-Goose

so would you recommend? I think it looks great and as you said you could keep the doors open. I was looking at the CM Stacker but to be honest im worried about the dust, I think you said you own one, how bad is it really?

Also looking at the P180 and the PC-V1100+, argh decisions suck :hehe:

9. Tim S

Tim S OG

I actually upgraded some of the internals in my stacker this weekend. I was surprised at how little dust was actually inside the case - the intake was quite caked up with dust, but the dust filters did their job and there was small amounts of dust inside. It's been sat on the floor for about 5 months now with varying amounts of uptime/use.

I prefer the Stacker, but the Mystique isn't bad for the price, so long as you're not looking to install a massively high end system in it.

10. Mother-Goose

ah now thats interesting and good to hear, i've been thinking that i'm not actually that bothered about how big the case is, im gonna measure is up in a min but I am suspecting the stacker is the way to go, or the p180, i'm glad there is a black version now becuase i want to get AC DC back in black etched on it somewhere hehe
    although silver doesnt show up the dust, decisions again god damn it.

The rig is gonna be pretty powerful, kensington based sli/crossfire, i've decided to save up and get a kick ass system straight off this time round, and i guess your right the stacker is what i need to fit it in and keep it cool on air.

What's the noise level like btw?

11. Tim S

Tim S OG

I'm using a stock A64 FX-60 cooler on an X2 4800+ @ 2.55GHz with a 7800 GTX 512 (with its stock cooler) and it's probably the quietest PC I've run for a long time. It's probably not far behind the watercooling loop I used to run (with a heavily overclocked XP-M 2500+ @ 2.7GHz).

12. Mother-Goose

i think you may have just made my mind up for me then! cheers bud

13. ikra

ikra What's a Dremel?

one word for this case

OVERPRICED

Seriously, i only think of it to be as good as the thermaltake tsunami and no more, tsunami is £20 cheaper than this... why would I buy it? The easthetics are ok but not THAT appealing, plus its not the aesthetics that counts. More and more people wants silent cases, this one seems to be not... although I do think that silent cases are expensive to get your hands on.... ahh well, i have an old case anyway... unbranded, and I made it silent with a few mods here and there...

In the end i think a £100 case is too much... i always limit my budget to £50 for cases, cuz i always think those extra pounds can get me a good GPU, plus i dont have lots of money at the moment... But if I do, id get the stacker... definitely... such a beautiful case, nice features, cooling is great, everything really... :D but for now im eying the soprano or matrix from thermaltake

my point is, if it doesnt go below the £70 im not buying it... :D

14. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

And you joined to revive a month old thread just to tell us this? :eyebrow:

Welcome to the forums anway, but it's usually a good idea to check out when the last post on a thread was before replying to it. :thumb:

15. ikra

ikra What's a Dremel?

oh my... my bad, i just clicked the link on the review and made a reply.. sorrryyy... i know its against forum rules to revive graveyard threads..

Tags: Add Tags