1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Cooler Master to make cases "interesting" again

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Apr 2008.

1. genesisofthesith

genesisofthesith complete spanner

The current lian li's do have a degree of modularity across the range, allowing you to change roof panels for versions with 1,2 or 3 120mm fans and allowing lian li to sell a multitude of models based on the same base chassis - but for the end user there isn't the full degree of choice.

If for example I wanted a full tower chassis with 12 5.25" bays (as in the a77), with a 120mmx3 roof panel (optional extra for the a71, but not a77 at the moment), and a front door (a71) there isn't currently an option despite the individual parts all being avaliable in different products in the range. If all the pieces were able to be mixed and matched by the end user you could order all the pieces that make up your ideal case and assemble it at home ikea style.

The same pieces could be used to make prebuilt cases for a variety of markets, a custom configuration to suit an individuals needs, or to upgrade or reconfigure an existing case.

2. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

Tenner on desktop format :D

3. Brett89

Brett89 Active Member

Please no Thermaltake-ish crap Cooler Master.

4. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

My computer is currently in a cardboard box :hehe:

and it works just fine, it's a little harder to turn in on and get at the USB but it works :lol:

5. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

My ex-2nd computer :D

How about computers with seperate thermal zones like the Mac Pros, or watercooling running through the chassis tubes with ports to route to and from blocks, might reduce piping clutter.

6. evanbraakensiek

evanbraakensiek New Member

They (Coolermaster) recently starting sponsoring fnatic and SK Gaming (professional eSport teams), on top of their existing KODE5 contract. I would hazard a guess at something gaming related, and or targeted.

7. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I see nothing wrong with it ATM. Every time my Mom comes in my room she laughs at it :hehe:

My "case" has thermal zones, on the bottum has 2 zone, the HDD (1 fan blowing cool air on it, one sucking hot air from it) and the PSU are separated. then above that there is another separatior where the mobo sits and the CPU and GPU both have fresh cool air blowing on them directly

the temps are pretty good to, 25*C idle and 40*C at full load

8. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

I love my black mystique 631 and my brother has a wavemaster which also looks fantastic. I think theres a danger when you try to be 'out there' and on the edge with design that you either make something which is different looking but most people don't like the design or you make something that is so focused on being weird looking that you mis-judge what people want. If you take all the things that 'gamers' supposedly want (wc, neon, side windows, etc etc) and then try to add other popular design elements you end up with something that doesn't work (like the CotyTec XP-01 ... part cheap plastic 'gamer case' part G5? or the awful xblades). Its what i like to call the 'Chocolate, Pizza, Beer' rule of design. We like chocolate, we like pizza, we like beer but if you put all three in a blender and serve us the result....

9. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

I agree with the 'sticking everything gamers want' making something that doesnt work, perhaps working out what gamers could do with might be better. Better thermal designs, test some cases in a wind tunnel type environment and see how the air flows in and out of the case, then improve on that.

I once had a Kit-Kat Pizza with beer once after watching a Killswitch Engage DVD featuring the same culinary delights. It was rather strange to say the least. Wasnt blended together mind.

Tags: Add Tags