1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Coolermaster HAF-X & Case Fans

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Odinster, 3 Mar 2011.

1. Odinster

Odinster What's a Dremel?

So I'm at that point in life where I am now beginning to understand computers and am looking towards building my first PC. After playing around with the innerds of my current PC I noticed that the Motherboard had alot of Fan headers and that got me thinking.

Do Sandy Bridge motherboards come with Fan Headers or is this now a redundant feature?

Does the Coolermaster HAF-Xs' Fans have the header connection that allows the botherboard to control the fan speeds?

I'm going for a uniform feel throughout the case and was considering changing the current in case fans to go with the Red and Black theme I was thinking of going with (Due to 2 x 6970s in crossfire)
    So the Red LED Fan could stay and then 4 x 200mm Fans, I would like the fans to be Black Casing and RED fins, high airflow but relatively quiet. Preferably without LED. But how easy is it to achieve all this and how can fan vibrations be minimised ?

Which leads to my last™ question; How much does a fan having LED's complicate things in terms of connections and the like?

Note: I have not currently bought any of the components and am going through the components and my build plan with a fine comb as I want it to live up to my expectations

Thankyou for all your help
    - Odinster

2. Odinster

Odinster What's a Dremel?

Just an update; What I would be after is a 200mm fan which is Black Casing with Red Fins preferably with no LED? Any tips? And should I be looking at using a fan controller or plug into the motherboard system fan headers if these are available on Sandy Pridge P67 Motherboards?

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Never seen a fan like that to be honest. Most LED fans tend to be poor performers too. All motherboards will have 3-5+CPU fan header, so if you want to run them off the motherboard you'll be fine. LED fans have no additional connections, the LEDs are linked into the fans power, some have push buttons to turn them on/off/flash though.