1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Cooling Liquids ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Funkyideas, 5 Apr 2004.

1. Funkyideas

Funkyideas What's a Dremel?

I'm a engineer with alot of scary ideas, some of which I hope one day to get off the ground. One of these is the use of refrigiration fluids. Most refrigiration fluids can get down to very low teperatures, using a compressor and a throttle valve assembly. You could then look at using this to take you CPU sub zero, the only recommendation I would make is that you make a vacumn in the case as Moisture would build around any bare metal surface that cold exsposed to air. Or if a vacumn is not problem then filling you case with Argon this would then in turn cool, everything including the case so watch out for ice forming on the outside, would be a possibility for those cases made of plastic very good insulator. If anyone has any opinions feel free to post them, any opinion good or bad, you view are appriciated. :rock:

2. dom_

dom_ --->

sealing a case would be near impossible though, you would have to seal everyting. Cd drives would have to be isolated as they are not airtight at all. It would take ages and be a nightmare.

3. Funkyideas

Funkyideas What's a Dremel?

It would depend on the case design, I believe its possible with a new case design, as you say isolate the CD drives, and leave the rest to freeze.

4. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

It's called a Vapochill. http://www.bit-tech.net/review/163/

5. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

Like the argon idea tho :thumb:

6. Twitch

Twitch What's a Dremel?

7. ConKbot of Doom

ConKbot of Doom Minimodder

It wouldnt be that hard to have an area sealed, it would have to have a setup so that there is pins embedded in silcone or comething else air tight ao that you wire up the mobo and cards to the wall of the chamber, and plug the hdds, CD-roms, PSU etc to the outside of the chamber.

You could use argon, but if it still had moisture it would still condense, it would be better just to use very dry air.

Tags: