1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Copy Protection of "Sacred 2: Fallen Angels"

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by impar, 11 Sep 2008.

1. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

This is geting ridiculous:
    You buy licenses to play games, have to keep tabs on the activations of several games and you cant sell an used game to anyone.
    How does that prevents piracy and freeloading of games?

2. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Prevents me from buying, thanks :p

No, I'm joking, I'd never heard of it and wouldn't have bought it either way, but seen as your renting the game is it any cheaper?

Horribly draconian DRM for that, but it seems to be the way all games are going :(

3. Haramzadeh

Haramzadeh Son of Sin

There needs to be a gamer revolt against this BS. We should all just 1 star on on-line reviews to any game that uses this kind of rubbish. People are already doing it to Spore I believe (on Amazon).

4. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

Good god DRM's getting worse, I've not had any issues yet but i have found myself moving towards the 360 more for multiplatform games recently, far easier to keep track of a pile of dvd's than trying to keep tabs on activations and the potential issues. All this DRM infecting PC games doesn't do much to aid in the accessibility of PC gaming and is just going to push more people to consoles.
    I have to applaud Valve more and more when I see stuff like this for developing Steam as a method of copy protection for their IP, it's a breeze compared to the junk included on disks these days.

5. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

I like the sound of this bit though.

6. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Ul if you want to play online, but for SP the DRM will be cracked probably before you can go to a store to buy the game, so for offline play be happy :D

7. Igniseus

Igniseus What's a Dremel?

Is no one please that one copy can be used to play with a friend over LAN? Sounds fantastic to me. Titan Quest, Sacred 1 and practically every post-2000 RPG, heck practically EVERY game, has required 2 purchased copies.

8. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I'm more worried about the bit where it discusses changing parts. If you upgrade, you're screwed!

9. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Other than games for the Wii, I've stopped buying games from bricks and mortar stores. If it's on Steam I might go for it, Steam's DRM I can live with. But you're right, anti-piracy measures are getting ridiculous.

10. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Last time I played via LAN with a friend was in the 20th century.

Tags: