Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Attila, 28 Feb 2011.
Mod my Garden, if only such a show existed on Aussie TV
But I'm curious whether you fashioned the mounting blocks yourself for the glass divider?
I expect that you installed tempered glass panels, but don't you need upper support as well?
Keep my brother away from that glass. He walked through a glass partition in the '90s and a few years back thought he could move a glass table without gloves. -That bit nearly killed him and cost him the use of his hand for a long time. I love the look of open edge glass, but it scares the hell out of me to be around it. (I know... jinx. I'll shut up now.)
great build... but tbh, i thought you were building a super mod shed... with a soaker tub...
He answered this on the previous page
Those glass panels are designed to be walked into, bumped and yes, bent. The door panel hinges directly to a pre- drilled hinge panel. When the door is opened all the way, the hinge panel bends out of line with the other panels by twenty millimeters. We got the idea from our neighbor. They have had this system for years around their spa. They party hard over there and have had no issues with their panels. They are incredibly tough.
Fantastic job, that looks awesome. Love the look of the glass panels.
and I'd just put on a new pair of pants...
I've just gotten back to the project earlier this week. But before work can resume, there was something that needed to be modded.
About six months ago when I was making the first door panel, I found that the top bend of the center section would not fit into my home made brake. So to keep things moving, I simply cut a corner so it would fit.
So before I started, I decided to increase the capacity of the brake by as much as I could. First, the two clamping bolts were cut off.
And one of the hinges was cut down.
Then new holes were drilled and some bolts welded in.
Not pretty, but useful.
I asked Steve at work to cut me a new clamp and mill the edge for me.
Here you can see the extra width I've gained from one side. In total an extra 46mm is now available for bending. I can now get a sheet 385mm wide into the brake.
Some holes were drilled into the clamp bar and then these were filed to an oval shape to allow for adjustment.
And now this brake should be adequate to finish this project.
Just tidying up the first panel. I'm satisfied with how it all fits together so all the screws can be replaced with rivets. Some normal others countersunk.
The screws were M3 and the rivets are 3.2mm. So the holes need to be made larger.
And because of the angle alu used here, a spacer must be used to compress the rivets.
And that panel looks OK.
And I've made a start on the second panel.
So I'll complete the second panel and get back after I've made a start on the side panel hinges.
man oh man. Here it comes again.
That panel looks sexy mate. Keep it up.
Modding the tools to make the mod. Excellent.
You made my day.
Awesome to see this rolling on again.
Always good to see a bit of modding to mod , that panel is looking very cool, and complex
Ahhh, You've fueled my creativity for my entire work day. You're simply the best!
Glad to see you are back to modding again. Time to hopefully get this build done
Great work on the multi angles, very creative as always. Build on.
+1 on the glad to see you are back at it.
^This x 100
Looks similar to a hot-rodded car. I like
Separate names with a comma.