1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete Cor Leonis

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Attila, 28 Feb 2011.

1. kier

kier -----------------

Love it Attila, love it all, especially the straight tubing

2. Yariko

Yariko What's a Dremel?

Knowing your level of detail on your builds, I asume you're going to do something to that PCI-e extension's green PCB? Other than that, looking really good, I really like the way you're making that watercooling loop. :thumb:

3. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Agreed, perfect choice for the blocks & straight tubing

4. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Think you should bring out a coffee table book after this one with all your log posts in!

5. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

I'm almost too amazed to not nag a bit about the green PCB of the PCI-E extenders (and the fact that the ribbon cable is dull grey and not awesome black or maybe even dyed blue or something...) and about the GPU block being copper and not nickel plated.

But then again.. I wouldn't be me if I didn't nag. So there. Nagging done and over with.

Now, I'll go take a shower to see if I can get the excess saliva and jizz washed off my body. You set the bar pretty high, my friend. Hard to keep up. Damn you.

Waynio likes this.
  6. craig - toyoracer

craig - toyoracer Minimodder

Love the straight pipes :) and hope you find the ones you are looking for.

In case you do not already have the colour picked, may I suggest Black Cherry paint, would look good with the purple wall. :)

7. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

I'd buy it!!!

8. wratterus

wratterus What's a Dremel?

That is just awesome.... :D

9. MegadetHCl

MegadetHCl What's a Dremel?

"No - no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should've sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful..." - Jodie Foster

10. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Love the combination of awesome pipes mixed with the practicality of a flexible tube, looks awesome & will function awesome, soooo much win. :)

Personally I like the extra detail the extensions give but I'm sure you could do like what alain said if you want it to be an even cleaner look.

I wouldn't think you not having something in the works to hide the green PCB & grey cable, it's you, Attila, extreme DIY perfectionist extraordinaire. :D

11. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I've gone past sex wee into full blown seizures, so don't mind me hear in the corner foaming at the mouth and twitching

12. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Awesome as per always Atilla :thumb:

13. Attila

Attila still thinking....

Thanks. :)

Thanks alain. :thumb: Yes, I have tried to source 12mm tube locally but no-one here sells it.

Thanks Antony. :thumb: You don't know how much trouble I have photographing this and other mods. I look at it and think 'that looks good'. I take a bunch of photos, go inside to have a look on the PC, and well, it just doesn't look as good as the thing right in front of me. A very rare thing happened last night. My wife came out for a cig, and actually commented on the build.:eeek: Believe me it does look better live. :)

Thanks Dark. :thumb: Yeah I have thought about bright pipes but I just cant get em around here.

Thanks stone. :thumb: Wiring? OK I'm just trying not to think about that. :hehe: I've checked out some of your photos in the photography section. Nice stuff. :)

Thanks mate. :thumb: Yeah I've got several alternatives. I'll have to make a decision soon though.

Thanks a lot kier. :thumb:

Thanks. :) Yes there are some covers going on and a lot of the stuff that distracts too much will no longer be visible in day to day operation.

Thanks Bill. :thumb:

Yeah but would it be better than a coffee table book about coffee tables?:lol:

Haha., Thanks. :thumb: Yes I will try and stick to some sort of rudimentary colour scheme and a lot of stuff will either be painted or under a cover. But there is a long way to go yet and you know the saying., 'It aint over till the fat lady sings'.:hehe:

Thanks Craig. :thumb: That colour looks gorgeous. And the car is hot as well. I have had a colour in mind from the start but I'm still open to influence. :)

:hehe:

Thanks. :)

I knew I heard that somewhere, but I had to look it up to jog my memory. Thanks. :)

Thanks Wayne. Yeah it's a long way from complete so there is much that hasn't been made yet and all the concerns so far ( except for the plumbing) are premature. It will be nice when finished or it just isn't finished. :)

Haha thanks Burnout. :thumb:

Thanks a lot mate. :thumb:

stonedsurd likes this.
  14. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Hell no.... what could be better than a coffee table book about coffee tables! :clap: :lol:

15. alain-s

alain-s Minimodder

Well I dont want to get your hopes up. But I might know someone who knows someone that makes 12mm copper pipe in Australia. I have contacted him and asked for the contact info of the company.

16. TotalGaos

TotalGaos Stainless steel.. hmm..

I would vote for full nickel plated copper pipes. The build is very detailed and well put together, a combination of aftermarket fittings and extension tubes would look thrown together and "easy" in this build IMHO.
    Anyway, awesome work. I love your craftsmanship and industrial looking designs.

17. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

Awsome... I've been pretty absent for a while and to come back and see this is just... just...

speachless :rock:

18. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

No words... just... just... beautiful... Never liked chrome. I actually hated it... until NOW!

19. Dk_vr

Dk_vr What's a Dremel?

All I can say is: Amazing work and not only this project. You just have the force and the skills inside you :)

But I can't understand one thing....
    Why cyan ? Why not black or some other more aggressive colour scheme that will fit better with the curves?

Best Regards

20. Attila

Attila still thinking....

:lol:

Thanks Alain, I'd only need a small amount. Maybe a metre or so. :thumb:

Thank you. :) I've had the chassis sitting on my desk for a few days now and I quite like the look of the plumbing.

[​IMG]

My concern is mainly the number of joins using the extenders. I really would like to run bright 12mm tube between the elbows to cut down on the number of joins (every extra join is a potential leak point). But I cant say the set up doesn't look good. I would prefer to use the elbows because I don't like the large bend radius you get with using tube all the way. So my ideal set up would be nickel plate 12mm tube between off the shelf elbows. But I cannot find anyone who sells 12mm in the whole country.

Nice to see you back Gnu and thanks. :thumb:

Thanks quizz. :thumb:

Thank you. :) The colour of the body is just the primer colour. I'm still working on these parts and they are still a little way from complete.