1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cordless Rumblepad

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by macroman, 8 Jan 2004.

1. macroman

macroman The One

2. JB

JB What's a Dremel?

Wow ive had this pad for nearly 2 years and it still works fine so theres a +1 for how long it lasts :)

3. Green Soda

Green Soda What's a Dremel?

FYI: The link to image 13 on the last page is spelled wrong.

4. macroman

macroman The One

Oops my typo. Sorted now thanks :)

5. phaSe

phaSe What's a Dremel?

a nice review to a great pad!

I bought this to play vice city with and it worked brilliantly, although we did spend a long time setting up the profile to do exactly what we wanted!

another recommendation.

RoB

6. relix

relix Minimodder

nice pad!

Can you actually test them out at your computer shop? Damn, I wish we had one of those around here... we wouldn't be able to test them even if the lives of the sales-people dependent on it.

...damn them!

JB likes this.
  7. Guest-2808

Guest-2808 Guest

I have been looking for a good PC pad for ages now, but have so far come up blank. Every single PC pad I have ever seen only seems to have digital shoulder buttons, except for an old Gravis pad I have which is just generally rubbish anyway.

Analog shoulder butters really a requirement for playing racing games. A throttle or analog stick is no good because you need to be able to left foot break (break and accelerate at the same time).

The best solution I have found so far is to use an XBox pad. The "S" version isn't too bad, although it still pales in comparison to the Dreamcast pad. There is an adaptor to conenct DC pads to the PC, but it makes the shoulder buttons digital instead of analog :(

MoJo

8. JB

JB What's a Dremel?

Not normally, over here PC world hae them all out on display so you can get a feel for them, but not actually use them in a game. Ive never understood how Nintendo can come up with a comfy pad for all of their systems (the n64 one was genius) when its very hard to find a PC pad that doesn't give you cramp.

JB

9. Rich_13

Rich_13 What's a Dremel?

i just ordered it online, i mean at £20 thats brilliant... :rock: has the pc world site been giving n e one else hassel about there postcode, lol dam them :eyebrow:

it's a shame there arn't that many split screen games n e more, i thought they would have started becoming more popular as screen sizes got bigger....

10. Mat-d-Rat

Mat-d-Rat Drive it to the edge baby

What's it like for using in flight? EG for bf42 flying planes etc.?

11. macroman

macroman The One

Dunno since I have no flight sims to test it but I see no reason to doubt its suitability and the Trottle control was designed primarily for flight sims. I would guess it is as good as any other pad I have see and better than most.

12. profit

profit What's a Dremel?

Are you sure this is £20 ?? Everywhere I've looked is around £35 and £23 for the non-cordless.

13. profit

profit What's a Dremel?

OK, I eat my words - PC World do indeed have them on a special sale price of £19.99 (can't belive people are selling these on ebay for 30 + p&p, time to make some money maybe....)

Anyone know if the price is the same in-store ?

Antony

14. macroman

macroman The One

PC World as in the review. ;)

Yes the price is the same in store.

15. profit

profit What's a Dremel?

Went to PC World lunch time - but they were out of stock, popped next door to currys and they had them marked at 29.99, but when I asked for them to check the price it came up at 19.99.

Excellent value for money (even if I can't get the rumble to work in Simpsons Hit and Run, it does work in NFSU)

Thanks for the review bit-tech.

16. macroman

macroman The One

That's what I said. :D

17. Rich_13

Rich_13 What's a Dremel?

lol i just got the pad today cause omega took ages delivering.... this is real nice, can any one tell me how to get the imported profiles working cause i can't seem to get them going when i import them, the controllers just stay as they are and nothing seems to change??? it's gonna be a pain haves to config everygame otherwise.... only nfsu works perfect without n e config needed.... wanna be able to play nwn and gta:vc with it. :D :rock:

oh yeah guys, logitech profiler is now on version 4.30 instead of the 4.25 which comes with the pad, u can get the driver download from their site.

18. Bluebark

Bluebark What's a Dremel?

I have had this pad for about 1.5 yrs. and it still works great...even after a years worth of abuse for my 8 yr. old. I good article for a good pad. I always use Logitech for gaming I/O.

Tags: Add Tags