1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Core 2 Duo E6750 to cost $183?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 25 Jun 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I'm sure it'll still be £150 over here as technology is so damn expensive.

3. -equilerex-

-equilerex- New Member

thats nuts, any chanse it could affect the laptop prices too? if not i guess i have to go for a desktop then :waah:

i guess amd is going to burn... bad. and after its out of business, intel cpu price will skyrocket :duh:

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I'll wait for Wolfdale/Ridgefield to show up and then I'll decide which way to go. Maybe Barcelona? But it'll be extremely hard for AMD to compete with these prices.

5. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

im still waiting for Barcelona, being the AMD-fanboy and all...

but with all these new CPUs and price drops, it looks like im changing side afterall!!

with P35,DDR3 capable, $200-ish CPU running at the same speed as 6000+.... waiting for Agena is becoming such a pain......

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

7. Tim S

Tim S OG

Yep, I was making a blanket statement when I referred to P35 and nForce 600 - every board based on those chipsets will support 1333MHz FSB processors. There will be others that support it too, but you will have to check with the manufacturers. :)

8. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

This sounds pretty bad for AMD, unless if they pull off a miracle with Barcelona...

9. Lakeuk

Lakeuk New Member

If it does come out at $183 then I recone that in the UK the top mail order places will sell it around £100 :clap:

10. Colossous

Colossous Member

The talk is that they're great overclockers too so this one will be a good one to go for if thats true, no point in paying for the 6850 if so and the lower ones are rumoured to be 7x multiplier so will only fly with high fsb mobo's !!? :lol:

11. devdevil85

devdevil85 New Member

Idk, AMD always has something up their sleeves and that may be why Intel is using this price tactic as a way to hamper AMD fanboys' enthusiasm for Phenom and/or Barcelona and cause them to switch early, but who knows.....

12. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Yeeeeehaw! See sig. ;)

13. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules New Member

That's a damn good price and this is a damn good ice cream cone.

14. gvblake22

gvblake22 mmm, yep

Agreed! As much as I want to see Barcelona succeed beyond my widest imagination, I have my (serious) doubts. This is just another nail in AMD's coffin as far as I'm concerned. I haven't owned a single Intel chip since I first got sucked into this whole computer enthusiast thing back in 2003. But it looks like the times they are a changin'! I'm likely ready for some new parts pretty soon, so if AMD doesn't produce, I'll be headed to the dark side for sure! :idea:

15. Indosia

Indosia New Member

Wow they upped the bus speed a little, time to upgrade. what a joke. Intel has technology way beyond these chips. Unfortunatly we won't see it for 20 years from now. Why? Because they want to milk us for every penny. All they have to do is up the bus speed a little and we will buy it. The less we buy the more they are forced to release faster and faster chips. The price cut is certainly welcome.

16. adam197

adam197 New Member

[off topic]Probably not a good idea to draw attention to your sig considering Bindi is currently on another sig pwning crusade [/off topic]

[on topic]I want! [/on topic]

Tags: Add Tags