Multi Corned beef sandwiches

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SuperHans123, 30 Aug 2023.

?

Will Starfield be broken on launch?

1. Tier 1 Broken..CyberPunk

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. Tier 2 Broken..Redfall

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Some annoying bugs

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  4. Will be largely fine

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. keef247

keef247 Modder

Last edited: 5 Sep 2023
  2. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Its strange for me what ever settings I use it runs smoothly but hot, like very very hot to the point I started to thermally throttle. No other games seem to do this.

3. keef247

keef247 Modder

Crazy, see my temps above? My gpu fan doesn't even kick in till 65c stock - which it never does bar on control with RT on, which reaches 65c but no other game has done that :hehe:

4. legoman

Well,

Idle
    CPU - 53c
    GPU - 49c

In game (after ten minutes)
    CPU - 85c
    GPU - 79c

Yeah, warms

5. keef247

keef247 Modder

Hang on are you trying to play this on a 5600g?

6. legoman

haha not, I do have a 3060Ti in there, I do have a 5600X hiding somewhere I should find and install.

I managed to tame the temps somewhat turning the case on its side with the side panel off and a pain of fans strapped blowing in.
    Its no longer in an open frame chassis either with problably isn't helping matters.

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

That seems really high. I've got a 2700X in my desktop, which is 105W TDP to your 5600G's 65W, under the stock Wraith Prism cooler in a Define Mini case with two slow-running front fans (pulling air through filters and a closed door), a single slow-running rear fan, and another slow-running fan in the lid. The CPU's on a fan curve that makes it silent from where I'm sitting until the temperature really ramps up - and the cooler's got its fan speed switch on low.

Right now, in a 23°C ambient, I'm idling at 38°C with spikes to high 40s when I'm doing something - using the schedutil governor. If I switch to conservative, the spikes are less frequent and I'm idling at 35°C. According to GreenWithEnvy, my RTX 2080 is idling at 29°C, stock fan profile - which has the fans spinning at 1,500 RPM (40% duty cycle).

I did tweak a few settings on the CPU, though I forget exactly what, but the GPU's stock - not underclocked/undervolted.

8. keef247

keef247 Modder

That doesn't seem right for your cpu mate? I've got a 5700x (also 65w like yours) and you've seen my temps.

Granted it is set to 'eco 65w' mode in the bios but still...

But then I do have very good cooling? So maybe your heatsink fan and the open case are the issue then?

I'd HIGHLY vouch for the Peerless Assassin 120SE, cost me £36 postage next day off Amazon... Beats a Dark Rock Pro 4 which beat the Noctua NH-D15 I was tempted to get before DRP4... Worth a shot?

I'd highly vouch for undervolting your GPU as well mate, both our card generations seem to love it as does pretty much any gpu these days, cant harm you to try it? Lower temps, less throttling, less fan spin (mine never even turns on as it's stock kick in is 65C and I never get above 63C unless using RT at 1440p Native maxed out in Control then it hits 66C)

My main rigs next to an airing cupboard and it's like a sauna all year in this room but even still I get these temps be it native 1440p ultra, or 100% scaling 1440p DLSS3.5/Frame Generation. FWIW NO game pushes my temps above 53-56C on CPU temp either...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 6 Sep 2023
  9. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

That sounds more like chores than a game.

I'll wait until the PS5 version comes out to consider it.

RedFlames likes this.
  10. legoman

Yeah I think its the CPU cooler hurting it, top down cooler in a 15L case so it just loops the hot air. Like I said new case hopefully, mean time I'm using a pair of cable tied deltas to push air out of the case. Its weird though some other cames, totoally find CPU in the 50s GPU hot spot around the 60's just starfield seems to make it melty.

I'm blaming the cooling, I have an AIO I can slap on there just rad mounting gets fun, depends how long the case takes I guess.

keef247 likes this.
  11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

A 5700g is just about usable. With all Ryzen 7xx0s having onboard graphics, I expect they'll be even better at it.

David likes this.
  12. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Also pretty decent on 780M iGPU (latest handhelds like ROG Ally etc) sure you'll be running low etc but on a 7 -8 inch screen there is only so much detail you can see so still looks awesome.

As to desktop temps my OC'd watercooled machine is running far higher than keef :D blimey my water temp alone is upto 50C :D don't care. 600w needs to get dumped some where.

Last edited: 6 Sep 2023
    IanW likes this.
  13. keef247

keef247 Modder

Yeah it's gotta be that mate!

@sandys did you see my recent rectified perf screenshots at 1440p 100% scaling, haha was a bit tired when I posted the first balls up and hadn't installed the new DLSS3.5/FG mod :naughty:

14. legoman

Yeah all it can be, so its on a Thermalright axp120-x67 with a deeper fan for higher static pressure, but its butted on three sides two being the case the third being the RAM, there is a fan trying to give cool air but its a slim line and its really helping matters. Jank build time Cheesecake! I've no real suitable place to mount the 240mm AIO rad at the moment so it can just chill with the fans attached with some grills for safety.
    The two deltas I had cable tied in did make it much cooler though!

On topic though, bar thermal issues I've not encountered any real issues bar launching a pirate into a bulkhead and causing the physics to go all wonky

keef247 likes this.
  15. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Started it today. Got to level 2 OK, then I started to sweat too much. Seems great for a space noob like me. I don't really care too much about flying around in space, just want the RPG action. And it is delivering.

16. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I've seen this is on Game Pass now. Is there any point me giving it a whirl, if we assume I get... say, an hour or two a week to play? Or should I stick with what I'm playing at the mo': Slay the Spire.

17. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I like his content - always pushing the lows and budget stuff.

18. Gareth Halfacree

Turns out I can't play it anyway, as it needs a Series X or Series S. Even though other Series X/S games are playable on the Xbone through cloud gaming, this one isn't.

So, Slay the Spire it is!

EDIT:
    Oh, that's weird - I "can* play it, from the home screen under "recently added," but it doesn't show in Game Pass. Just an advert for upgrading to a Series instead.