1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Corsair 350D Touch of the Past

Discussion in 'Modding' started by RebootTech, 3 Jan 2014.

1. RebootTech

RebootTech Budget? What Budget?

These are some low key mods I added to a gaming PC I built for a customer to provide some accents and class to the all black Corsair Obsidian 350D. Pictures didn't turn out with quite the detail I wanted, but figured I'd share in case some needed ideas.

I started with some basic old school beige accents, color matched to the Asus Gryphene Z87 motherboard. Inside trim on the front of the case was painted, along with the 2 radiator fans up top and the rear fan. Bright white LED strips were cut, soldered and hidden inside the window, and the front 14cm fan was replaced with two 12cm white LED fans providing a glow around the front panel. A BD writer was added and brushed aluminum panel installed for "stealth" look.

Inside is the Gryphene Z87 MB, Core I7-4770k OC'd to 4.4GHz, 16GB DDR3 1600 RAM, EVO 250GB boot SSD and 2TB data drive. CPU is cooled by a Hyrdo H110 with radiator mounted to the top. An R9 290 powers a 27" 2560x1440 monitor along with a 52" 1080p secondary display wall mounted above (mainly for BD movies, etc.)

Happy to answer any questions and appreciate comments!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ItzHazeyy

ItzHazeyy What's a Dremel?

How did you paint the inside of the front panel, really want to do this to my 350D just dont know how to do it properly.

3. RebootTech

Took off the drive covers and front panel (all come off easily). Then it was a lot of taping. Once taped, I primed it and then painted. Since it was a smaller project I just had the auto paint shop put the paint in a spray can for me. I think I have some pics of the steps...will try and find them.

4. RebootTech