1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU Corsair 500CX won't fit at all...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mason7773, 18 Oct 2011.

1. Mason7773

Mason7773 What's a Dremel?

Well, after Scan promptly sorting the 4-5 problems out with my order etc, I've finally started on my build, and it's going really well! :D

Only problem is, the Corsair 500CX won't fit in my case, well it will, but not one screw hole in the case will align with the PSU screw holes. I thought if I could get two or so in and see how it goes... but to do so, I had to really put some pressure on it to get them in, which then caused the PSU to raise from the two rubbers stands towards the front of the case.

I have the Fractal Design Arc Midi. It just seems that this case and PSU don't wanna' work.

Any ideas? or is it a case of changing it? also, the amount of leads coming out of this thing is ridiculous! but after putting them all into cable management behind the motherboard, it looks fine.

As PSU's was one of the only things I didn't do my research on, I was actually trying to work out for about 5min where the hell all of them go, but realized it's impossible, and half of them will be useless for now, thus such thing as modular.

2. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Is the PSU fan face up or down? Might be be an idea to switch it over and see if it'll fit that way!

3. Mason7773

Mason7773 What's a Dremel?

It's face up, I stopped earlier building on it, so gonna' carry on tomorrow and see what I can do.

Another question:

[​IMG]

As you can see, it's showing LED as one whole pin connection in the instructions, as where I have two separate connections that state a + and - on them, so I dunno if that's still where it goes (GNP/SLED ports), if so which way around? as there's no - or + to match it up.

Also, the instructions say nothing about 'Power SW', but because it's one connection with two pins, i've put it over the Power SW - and SW +, guessing that's where it should go.

In that picture you'll see I'm holding that GND, SLED, PLED connector, but there is no where on the mobo where it will fit, the instructions state that there should be...

4. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

The one area of PC building that's 50% guess work! I've found the general wisdom is to have the writing facing outwards from the socket. Never blown anything up yet by making the wrong connection. The two main things to get up and running is the 'Power Switch' and 'Reset Switch' then figure out the rest from there. I don't bother with the 'Power LED' myself as in Fractal cases they are way too bright.

5. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

All too true, my cousin was gutted his old rig and built a new one. Using a new PSU and Mobo etc

There was a confusion over where some cables fitted onto the mobo, simply because the diagrams from psu and mobo where different if ever so slightely. He left a two pin connection off just in case. Powered the system and he didnt get any video output. Turns out the two pins supplied extra juice needed lol

it's all trial and error unless you build the same computers day in day out.