1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Corsair Crystal Series 680X spotted

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sentinel-R1, 15 Feb 2019.

1. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

2. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Lot of money considering it doesn't come with a commander pro. I bought 3x 500D RGB SE and all 3 of them got returned, marks on the glass, marks on the aluminium. Corsair's QC seemed to be lackluster. At this price point it needs to come with a Commander Pro in my mind.

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Trying to charge Lian Li prices without Lian Li quality. Looks awful to me, like if thermaltake did a pc011 ripoff. So many rubber grommets. :nono:

4. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Looks like a tarted up Carbide Air 540 using the same tooling but same exterior design language as 280X.

Agree with you RE Commander Pro if that's the actual RRP.

As a case, I don't think it looks bad at all. In fact, I quite like it. It depends upon the performance though. That front glass looks like it's flush up against the chassis with only the side vents and a small lower bit for intake.

Interested to see how it performs.

5. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

amazon listing appears to have been taken down? some sales blurb on this listing: https://rosmancomputers.com.au/corsair-crystal-series-680x-rgb-case/

"The CORSAIR Crystal Series 680X RGB is a dual-chamber tempered glass ATX smart case that keeps your system running cool with room for up to eight fans and four radiators, including one 360mm. Enjoy superb airflow and brilliant RGB lighting from three LL120 RGB fans, controlled by an included CORSAIR Lighting Node PRO and powered by iCUE software. Show off a stunning view of your PCs components with three tempered glass panels on the front, roof, and hinged side door, while an optional vertical GPU mount allows you to put your graphics card center stage. Make your next custom build incredibly easy and undeniably cool with the 680X RGB."

410 au dollars puts it at the same 220 quid pricepoint.