1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Corsair finally launches Link Cooling, Lighting Kits

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 11 Jan 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. improprietary

improprietary FT03 is a bitch to watercool

! That actually explains why the hell i haven't been able to buy it from their site yet! -.-

3. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Even at a decent exchange rate that's £65 +VAT.

Expensive.

4. wonderer

wonderer What's a Dremel?

If I get this right, it's a box hidden in your 3.5" bay? Nothing fancy about then, no external temp. and fan read outs? All that for $99. I hope it will die soon as Nvidia's ESA. Even I just bought Corsair Hydro H100 and was hoping to use Link . Not anymore. What's fancy about having extensive controll over fans on desktop. You set it up and forget, but with a fan controllers like Scythe Kaze Master Ace 5,25 I'm having installed you get temps and fans controlled and as added bonus you get some show off too.

5. kzinti1

kzinti1 What's a Dremel?

It's been so long since I bought the pair of H100 coolers, I'm really not interested in this any longer.
    Other than a few LED lit fans, I've even lost interest in case lighting since this thing was 1st announced.
    The control for the coolers themselves should've been software driven as with the Antec line of closed loop watercoolers. Not another item to squeeze into increasingly smaller cases.
    Way too expensive for the cooling feature. Mine run just fine as is with their built-in 3 speed pump &/or fan control. I've heard that it controls either one or the other. Not both. I can tell no difference in any setting so it's quite possible that mine are borked. It doesn't really matter as these coolers are the best there is next to a full watercooling loop.
    I have no interest or comment about the lighting control feature, either.
    The long wait for these things hasn't exactly been good for Corsair. I suggest anybody that wants one buy it asap, as I doubt that it'll remain in production very long.
    Not the way the worldwide economy is now, and most people will consider this an unecessary luxury with neither a real need for buying nor that much of a help in cooling and/or lighting.

6. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Guess the Aquero, BigNG and Alphacool Heatmaster are also worthless then? These offer far more advanced control than any 5.25" device, much like you'd edit a fan curve in Afterburner. You have the opportunity for using various temperature sensors to control the fan speeds automatically based on a curve that you define. Great idea if you ask me.

Corsair's offering however is too expensive when compared with the Aquero 5 LT, not to mention that it's looking as expensive as the 5.25" versions which also include remotes and other fancy gubbins.

Tags: Add Tags