1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Corsair H100

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kovoet, 14 Jul 2011.

1. Salisant

Salisant What's a Dremel?

Am interested to see how this performs, Corsair needs to hurry up and get review samples out to reviewers...

2. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

I'm reviving this thread because I just read a nice in-depth review about this cooler and I thought some of the people who posted here might be interested :):

article here

3. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

mmm I like the look of this thank you

4. trig

trig god's little mistake

i guess for what you get, it's probably worth it, and those oc results were more impressive...and let's be honest, if you're not overclocking, you shouldn't be buying this kit, so based on that, i guess it would be worth the premium, but again, the h70 looks perfectly acceptable...

5. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Although it does look tempting, and I already have an abundance of gentle typhoons in the case to set it up as push/pull... I don't think I can justify the £ to bring temps down a couple of degrees.

In my current setup, it's the case that's holding my temps back, but I love the 800D too much to get rid of it. Guess I might have to bite the bullet and go full water cooling then.

6. trig

well, at least that case was built with water cooling in mind...plenty of room in there supposedly...

7. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

There is indeed. I've had Richey Edwards from the Manic Street Preachers hidden out in here for years now....

8. trig

lol

9. the_kille4

the_kille4 Chaos will rule da world.eventually

The only thing that makes the H100 worth buying is to make it run with low rpm fans and have the same cooling performance to a H50/60. I have a spare H70 but it can't fit in my case so... :(
    Currently I'm using the H50 with a single gentle typhoon running a mildly overclocked core i7 920.

I mean cpu cooling is already doing well and the only thing that needs to be figured out would be sealed GPU cooler. Last time I've heard it was the CoolIT OMNI ALC. For me getting all the custom water cooling parts at a good price is harder since there is only one local reseller and the rest would have to be imported from overseas. And since I have no one around me who has dabbled with a watercooling loop its hard to get help.