1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Corsair launches flash backup cradle

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 1 Apr 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That looks like a decent bit of kit - will they be doing a version in red to go with the Voyager GT?

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

more of a gimmick than useful IMHO, i use SyncToy on a regular base and it's free to simply plug a USB pen drive into any port.

4. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

Why use this base when you can just plug it into the PC via a regular jack? Yea I know you get the one touch backup and all that but really is it worth it?

5. BigM2006

BigM2006 New Member

if anything, I use backup the other way arround - copy my pen drive files to the raid 5 array in my pc. then use the archieve function of my backup software to copy all the backups to my remote FTP server once a week.

I dont see a need to copy files onto a penstick, generally people on the move keep important data on their pen, and then want to back that up to a pc.

6. Stonewall78

Stonewall78 New Member

Yes because you know Jo Blow and everyone's neighbor has a raid 5 array and a remote FTP backup...
    Not too bad an idea if the price point is right in my opinion. It they made software simple enough then even my mother in law would be able to backup her data.

7. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i was thinking it would work the other way around, it would rapidly copy all the data from the pendrive to the local memory or computer.

Tags: Add Tags