1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CORSAIR LAUNCHES WORLD’S FASTEST PRODUCTION DDR3 SOLUTION

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Guest-16, 25 Jul 2008.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

2 x 1GB modules, btw. Link

That's quite nippy.

3. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

2.0v, that's seems pretty high for DDR3, .5v over JEDEC default of 1.5v. Although the speed you get is insane, 2.133GHz memory speed is pretty epic.

4. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

While the technology it amazing and the ability to produce these frequencies is impressive, I'd prefer to see a more vigorous attempt at trying to make DDR3 mainstream and down into the DDR2 price range of 1:1 (2GB DDR2 kit == 2GB DD3 kit). The majority of consumers, and even "hardcore" overclockers and gamers aren't necessarily those who can afford to pop $4,000 down on a (rather unimpressive) 790i system. The overclockers choice was the P35, the middle of the road, and we are seeing similar trends with the P45. Bring DDR3 RAM to a reasonable price /in-line/ with the financial capabilities of a larger audience would go a lot further than trying to break the next frequency record.

5. Burnout21

Burnout21 Is the daddy!

that will happen, DDR3 is expensive at the moment as factories are switching over from producing DDR2 to DDR3. because of this move DDR2 will start to rise in price and DDR3 will drop in price.

its a well know fact that mid-range gear sells the most, and considering the mid-range gear overclocks very well only those who want a massive e-peen purchase Nvidia chipset machines with SLI.

6. GavX

GavX New Member

same as DDR2 really, I remember the switch over from DDR to DDR2, was years... but now it is here certainly for mainstream. I remember building my Athlon 939 system seeing DDR2 around and didn't have a clue why other motherboards didn't support it (back in my newbie days!) and that was at least 3 years ago, give it a year and it should be the norm certainly for gamers and OCers