1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corsair & OCZ memory together?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cfuk, 12 Feb 2005.

1. cfuk

cfuk What's a Dremel?

I'm running 2x 512mb OCZ PC4200 EL and i got a great deal on some Corsair 2x 512mb XMS 3200XLPT (2225 timings), which i couldn't turn down. Am i ok running these together on my MSI mobo (in my sig)? i've got them both in my system now, but when i was playing Football Manager 2005 my system seemed to have slowed down a bit after adding the corsair.

2. Stompy

Stompy What's a Dremel?

I run kingston and corsair together, but mine is only ValueRam PC2700.

I thought with A64s that if you ran 4 ram modules it ran them at PC2700 speeds?

3. cfuk

cfuk What's a Dremel?

well in the bios it came up as 166fsb once i had installed them and i upped them to 200 fsb.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Does it remain stable? Or do you have to put it at 2T or something?

5. cfuk

cfuk What's a Dremel?

i set it to 1T in the bios and it won't boot, so i set it to auto. It seems to be running ok not had any crashes so far

6. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Defaults to 2t iirc, do the memory bw test in sandra or everest to confirm that though... (Or DL A64 tweaker, that should tell you)
    Also, what FSB are you running? And at what timings...?

7. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I think 4 dimms knocks it down to 2T and PC2700 (maybe not with 939, not sure, pretty sure 754 does and I don't feel like checking my manual)
    Checking with CPUZ should tell ya.

Basically it depends on the app whether or not it's worth it... two gigs may make up for the lower speed in some things but not others. I'd think photoshop would like more ram but games would like it faster (if you're talking 1->2gb, if it was 512mb->1gb then slower would probably still be worth it in games)