1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Corsair SPEC-06 by S.PiC

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by S.PiC, 28 Jul 2020.

1. S.PiC

S.PiC Active Member

For a long time, participation in competitions has accumulated a large number of components that were waiting in the wings. These were mainly Corsair components for liquid cooling systems.

The desire to build a computer on a liquid cooling system has been a long time ago, but there was no time, opportunity, and money. Having solved financial problems, I bought the Corsair Carbide series SPEC-06 RGB case for the promotion and started assembling it!)

The video was not originally planned to be shot. This is a fairly simple project.

S18_1427_txt_resize.jpg

S18_1428_txt_resize.jpg

S18_1430_txt_resize.jpg

S18_1431_txt_resize.jpg

Cheapskate, ivory2k19 and pccustom like this.
  2. S.PiC

S.PiC Active Member

The SPEC-06 Assembly is based on the top-end configuration of 2017.

The heart of the build was Intel Core i7 7700k on the ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX FORMULA motherboard

The NVIDIA 1080 ti Founders Edition video card has a Corsair Hydro X Series EX7 RGB CPU WaterBlock installed.

S18_1433_txt_resize.jpg

S18_1435_txt_resize.jpg

S18_1440_txt_resize.jpg

S18_1448_txt_resize.jpg

S18_1449_txt_resize.jpg

S18_1451_txt_resize.jpg

Cheapskate and ivory2k19 like this.
  3. S.PiC

S.PiC Active Member

Soon the fairy tale affects, but not soon the thing is done...

Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W is responsible for the power supply.
    White hoses were purchased for the black-and-white Assembly. A filter was installed at the entrance of the water block with a pump.

S18_1455_txt_resize.jpg S18_1535_txt_resize1.jpg S18_1673_txt_resize.jpg S18_1676_txt_resize.jpg S18_1677_txt_resize.jpg S18_1682_txt_resize1.jpg

ivory2k19 and Cheapskate like this.
  4. S.PiC

S.PiC Active Member

The SPEC-06 case is hard enough, the metal is not foil. I wanted to install the radiator in the upper part of the case, but when I try to do this - the fans and radiator rest against the motherboard casing, in RAM, in everything that is possible. It is impossible to install fans under a plastic cover in the front - there is simply no space for them. With a thicker radiator, too, there would be problems - the bottom hampers the basket for hard drives and the hole in the casing of the power supply is frankly too small for thick radiators.

Water blocks and reservoir from Corsair frankly pleased. It feels that the thing is not cheap, everything is done at the proper level.

White tubes of FormulaMod, ordered in China, were soft, did not have to heat them in boiling water, only slightly unbent the edges with round pliers. The contour was filled with distilled water with dye from Bitspower.

In the previous photos, you can see that fans from Cooler Master were installed. They had a very large stroke of the bushing installed in the bearings. As a result, when the radiators spun at 1000 + rpm at the start, the impeller from the air flow protruded beyond the fan size and the blades hit the front wall, to which they were screwed. As a result, a broken impeller on two fans and their replacement with fans from the Bitspower kit.

I gave the children a few hours to play games - the liquid warmed up to 50 degrees, the maximum temperature of the processor is about 70. It seems to be a good result.

At the moment, we have ordered wires with braid, I will collect and try to sell this Assembly so that there is money for new projects. If it doesn't work out - this computer will go to my wife, and her computer, based on i5 3470, I will sell))

S18_1685_txt_resize.jpg S18_1689_txt_resize.jpg S18_1693_txt_resize1.jpg S18_1695_txt_resize1.jpg S18_1699_txt_resize.jpg S18_1701_txt_resize.jpg S18_1711_txt_resize1.jpg

lowfat, ivory2k19 and Arboreal like this.