1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Corsair - we got TCCD in spades

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 27 Jun 2005.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

The "discuss this" link that leads here is borked.

But other then that, I'm happy to here that TCCD is still around. Not to happy to see that there will be a price premium, since only one company has it.

I'll wait and see if this stuff is really that much better then the TCC5 in the OCZ Platinums.

Edit: The price doesn't seem to bad on Newegg. The XMS is $191US for 2x512mb vs. the OCZ plat rev2 at $174US for 2x512mb.

Last edited: 27 Jun 2005
  3. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Yay! TCCD :clap:

I just hope it sticks around long enough for me to get a nice overclock when I do my first major computer replacement :blah:

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Dunno, I'd really have to see the performance difference between 2-2-2-5 and 2-3-3-6 as the price is about $65. Of course that doens't include overclocking it...

I'd expect that given the popularity, the TCCD contract will probably be extended, or at least corsair will get a massive stockpile that will last until DDR3 (or DDR2 I suppose, but at this point DDR3 seems to make more sense) hits AMD.

5. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Its a pitty the corsair stuff isnt a patch on OCZ, Gskill etc's offering really. TCC5 really isnt that bad as long as its binned correctly either. 90% of the people wont notice the difference, many that have bad clocking sticks running TCC5 might well jump to the conclusion that its the TCC5 causing the poor clock. If the same sticks, performed the same but had TCCD chips, you'd put it down to poor performance.

Tags: Add Tags