1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Cosmos 1000

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by xtremepc, 1 Nov 2011.

1. xtremepc

xtremepc What's a Dremel?

Since I am stuck with the coolermaster cosmos, for experience and fun purposes I will try to mod it a little bit, give it a fresh look. I am full of ideas but my inexperience limits my creativity...

This is the things I want to do...
    1.Paint it matte black
    2.Drill holes inside for cable management
    3.Buy the transparent side panel
    4.Drill hole at the top for triple and dual radiator

I have a lot of questions though...

If I want to paint black, do I just get the spray and start spraying all over the place?Is there a procedure that needs to be followed?What kind of spray do I need to search for?

What tool do I need to get to drill holes?The case is made from aluminum and plastic,well most of it... Any tips to get the placement of the holes right?
    If I want to insert rubber gromets, do they come in specific sizes?If the do, I have to cut the holes in those dimentions...

Thanks for the help!!

2. Mosquito

Mosquito Just 'Plane' Crazy

Firstly: Welcome to Bit-Tech :thumb:
    Second: The Rules need to be read...
    Lastly: as far as getting the RAD stuff right, http://www.mnpctech.com/Radiator_Grill_Templates.html should help

for cutting out the holes, it depends on what kind of shape you're going for, if you just want round holes where the fans are, and holes to mount the fans/radiator with, then a drill with hole saw, and drill bit would be ok, otherwise some sort of rotary tool or jig saw to cut the hole would work better.

As far as painting goes, there are many techniques for painting, if the paint that is on it already is in good shape, you could sand/scuff, and paint over it, or you could sand to bare metal and prime then paint it, all depends on what you're trying to do, and what your situation is

I'm no expert, nor am I very well versed in metal work, so I'm sure others out there have more helpful insight, but that's my two cents worth:D