1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Cost of games to rise to £70 rrp in 2010

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by GhostRider_77, 27 Aug 2009.

1. GhostRider_77

GhostRider_77 Define "Normal"

What are peoples thoughts on this little bit of joyous news then? Would you be willing to part with £70 for the latest CoD, Forza, GTA etc.?

Ok, so the software companies are complaining that their costs are rising out of control...but what sort of guarantees do we get that for our hard earned £70 we'll get a game that will blow us away...hmm:eyebrow:

Perhaps if they had some kickback from the pre-owned market this price hike could be avoided?

2. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Mod chip sales increase 10-fold.

3. Digibull

Digibull Stealth Geek

To pay that much for a game it would have to have to take me 100s of hours to complete and also solve world hunger at the same time while juggling a full confectionary of fruit with one hand behind its back singing 'God save the queen'.

But seriously, for me to be willing to pay that much for a single game I'd want some sort of full guarantee that the game will kick arse by having full previews of the games (no secret 'leaked' clips teasing us with ingame clips which is actually CGI), demos to be full demonstrations of a game and not just beta versions of the intro levels and some sort of possible refund if it does suck.

4. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

I don't care how much a game is, I don't even like parting with more than £25 for a game. £40 maybe if it's really good (Guitar Hero is worth more, naturally).

I buy all my games preowned, but if the RRP is raised, the cost of those will increase too, and in that case, games companies can suck my balls; I'll sell the Xbox and game exclusively on the PC. On pirated games.

pimonserry likes this.
  5. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

i wouldnt pay that for any game. what I pay at them moment is enough. if so much crap wasnt being released maybe their profit margins would be better

but it wont get that expensive, customers wont support it

6. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

Why should the price increase by £20? Gaming on consoles already increased by £10 with this gen of consoles so why do they need another £20? If this does ever come to fruition I'm flashing my console as soon as I DL all the RB songs I want :)

7. Rapp

Rapp Minimodder

I think its a bit of a joke really, if companies can't keep their costs down they should look at how they are making them not jump the price up. I won't be buying any games for that price, I will just buy more pre owned games or keep an eye out for offers on steam.

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

never more then 35 here, 44 is scandelous and 70 is laughable

9. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

70 is extortion. We need get rid of the 1:1 transaction from USD to GBP. And 777 posts Gunsmith?

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

[​IMG]

:clap::clap: what do i win? :clap::clap:

11. Elton

$1000! Like my dad!

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

£614.89

not bad :D

13. Elton

Man the transaction rate sucks...

Oh and if I have to spend about $100 on a game...well nuts to their mice, nothing can justify it, unless the game in question had as much replay value as a Final Fantasy Game.

14. Miffers

Miffers CPC Refugee

Thats a rip off.... if one company decides to they will all follow. If it was £70 i would have to b playing for at least 500HRS!! and no paying for mappacks and updates !!

15. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

I can't think of a game I've played that I would be willing to pay £70 for, my moral limit is about £30 tops, but i'll generally wait until it hits around £20.

The most i've spent on a game was about £50 odd for Frontier Elite II on the Amiga in 1993!, I was a bit too excited about it at the time though.

16. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

Not gonna happen. The market would not be sustainable at that level. That becomes a serious purchase, which would mean games never got sold unless they were the next Pop Idol Jesus Christ Superstar, on Ice.

17. Elton

Most expensive games I bought?

ES4: Oblivion : $45
    Civ IV: $40.

yeah that's it.

18. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

I like how people are still assuming preowned games will be avaliable... a lot of stores are trying to get people to buy online, via download rather than hard copy disc, like Valve with Steam and M$ with Live

19. Elton

NEVER!! Especially if the ISPs cap my bandwidth.

20. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

LOL, no.

Considering my budget only ever goes up to £30 for games when it's something I've been looking forward to for years and is typically less than £10 I don't think so. And that's while I've got quite a bit more disposable income to spend on games than I will for the next few years.