1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Couldn't Access My Wireless Admin Page (192.168.10.1)

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by AllAboutTheGame, 20 Jun 2009.

1. AllAboutTheGame

AllAboutTheGame What's a Dremel?

guys I am fairly new to all of this so please excuse the lack of knowledge.
    So I have a wireless Fon Spot access point which I used to be able to access the Admin page to change my wireless setting via 192.168.10.1.
    Somehow I am not able to do it anymore and I believe someone in my neighborhood is playing around with my wireless internet...
    I reset the whole thing but still couldn't able to access the Admin page.
    I tried other address 192.168.1.1 and even run the program that can detect live sources from the address of 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.255.255.

So what can I do??? Help~ I really want to change the password and settings for my wireless... Thanks in advance

2. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Have you tried it via a wired connection??

3. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Read the manual? :p

No, just try it wired as CB already said. Many routers disable wireless access to the configuration due to security reasons.
    Then again you say you were able to access the settings wirelessly before, right? Have you tried pinging the router to see if anything's there at all? Or is that what the program that can detect live sources from the address of 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.255.255 does?

Welcome to the forums by the way. :)

4. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

5. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Open up command prompt and type ipconfig (press enter). Tell us what the address for "default gateway" is. Also, try accessing the router by opening that address in your browser.

6. gaz_360

gaz_360 Make that change

Are you able to do a factory reset?

If so, then once done enter the default password and user for it (default info should be on the underside of the router on a sticker, if not refer to the manual).

Now hopefully it will of let you access the webpage, now you can change the settings to what ever you like.

Gaz :)

7. AllAboutTheGame

#2 yes i tried via wired connection i have no problem connect to the internet even with the wireless connection... but how do i access the wireless admin page with wired connection???

#3 ty, and the manual says connect to 192.167.10.1..
    Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::290b:9482:20c7:3741%11
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.1.1.11
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.0.0.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.1.1.1

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 7:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 6:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 16:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 17:

which connects to my router admin page... but not wireless...
    so i dunno why...

yes i reset it (reset button for 40 seconds turn off power then on)
    and the name reset as well... use orgiinal... but still couldn't access default admin page....

8. capnPedro

9. thehippoz

I think I understand how you are setup.. correct me if I'm wrong but you have a wired lan and a wireless access point connected to the gateway.. one way to configure it would be to plug in directly to the wireless router, configure it to match your wired routers subnet- then put it all back together and access the wireless routers new ip (something like 10.1.1.2)

the other way is configure your wired router to subnet 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.10.2 and you should be able to connect to your wireless router's web admin through the wired router

10. thehippoz

yeah was thinkin if the routers reset.. he should have no problem- he didn't give enough information in the op XD he's running 2 routers on different subnets

11. capnPedro

Yeah, it kinda twigged just after I'd posted that there are two different router config pages, and I don't know whether the OP wants to access the backbone router of the Fonera.

12. AllAboutTheGame

yes sir that is exactly how it is setup.

when I plug directly into the wireless router... how do I go to the configuration page???

and if I configure my wired router will that change anything? (cuz i want to keep it as the same as it is so kind of prefer not to change anything there)

13. AllAboutTheGame

I want to access the Fonera config page to change my wireless settings (I am not able to cahnge the wireless settings at the backbone router config page, right?)

14. AllAboutTheGame

HELP~ would realy appreciate it if somebody can teach me how to change my wireless settings... its raelly getting on my nerves... lol~
    Today I read over the whole user manual and it tells me to ipconfig and just type in the default gateway address.... but that leads me to the Dlink Admin page not my wireless internet Fontera Admin page... sigh

15. capnPedro

In the dlink configuration page, look for a list of connected devices. Look for the IP of the Fonera and connect to that.

16. thehippoz

aye game :D well let's make this easy, reset your wired router and it should default to subnet 255.255.255.0 to match your wireless access point.. then you should be able to access both routers menus (the other way- which maybe the easiest without touching any hardware is to setup your rig static on subnet 255.0.0.0 and you'll be able to access the fon and not the dlink)

just reset the wired router though.. you'll see them both afterwards

17. AllAboutTheGame

how do i set up my rig static on subnet 255.0.0.0???
    I prefer not to reset the router because it's my landlords not mine and I don't want to touch it...

And I couldnt' find the connection for Fonera it all leads to either nothing or just the Dlink page....

T_T

18. thehippoz

I'm sorry I gave the wrong subnet there last post- must have been in ladeda land again.. mean setup static 255.255.255.0 to access the web menu at http://192.168.10.1 (your fon)

here just found this first on google http://www.hotcomm.com/FAQ/FAQ_staticIPXP.asp (save me from typing all that)

put in 192.168.1.100 for your ip address, 255.255.255.0 for the subnet.. put in 10.1.1.1 for the gateway.. add a couple dns server ip's (you can make these up if you want) vista is the same but you'll pull up properties for TCP/IPv4

now access the fon menu with your browser... change the router ip to 10.1.1.240, subnet 255.0.0.0, save it.. now go back to your rigs lan connection and put it all back to auto in the tcp properties