1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Counter Strike ba_jail rules

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by S1W1, 1 Sep 2012.

1. S1W1

S1W1 Minimodder

I was just playing the ba_jail game mode on CS:GO for the first time.
    What are the rules? I went around killing the prisoners and I got kicked off :(
    Are you only allowed to kill the prisoners who carry guns?

Many thanks

2. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I haven't played it for Go, but I played it back in the source days and its called "jailbreak". The whole point is for the CT's to control the T's, while the T's try to either follow instructions to survive, OR rebel and kill all the CT's. Normally there is one head CT in charge who will tell his team mates when to open the cells, and tell the T's what to do. Most maps have events build into them such as races, obstacle courses and such. From the server I used to play on, ct's would make the T's play game, whoever lost would be killed and the last surviving T would have a last wish sort of deal where they could choose different things to do against the CT's such as shot for shot with deagles, or different games. If the T won, he could kill the CT he beat and he would keep going until he either died or killed all the CT's.

If a T has the gun, you tell them to drop it, if they don't drop it, you say it again, and if they still don't listen than you can simply kill them. They could also rebel and shoot you, once a T has rebelled than he can be killed on site by anyone. Free killing (which is what you described you did) is wrong, which is why you got kicked. The mod is amusing but some people get far too intense, and things escalate quickly verbally. You'll have CT's holding grudges against T's who have rebelled and killed them, meanwhile the T's will almost always argue with the things a CT has told them to do, and there is a lot of vulgarities on the mic.

A couple examples of things the CT's can do are Zombie free days, where the T's can only walk around, can't jump and depending on the server you can or cannot climb ladders. There are also regular free days where the T's can do anything they want short of rebelling. I remember the server I was on had a dance floor so CT's used to do dance parties and the T's would have to jump and move around while CT's just sprayed at them from far away.

S1W1 likes this.
  3. S1W1

S1W1 Minimodder

Thanks for the great reply mate +rep :D

4. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Glad I could help, try it out again and it's pretty amusing. A lot of the maps have hidden passages and certain cells have ways out of them. I used to love climbing on top of the cell doors, than a CT would come looking, walk in, you jump behind him, knife to the back, steal his stuff than go back to camping the top of the door. It's good for a round or two before they catch on!

5. King Roo

King Roo What's a Dremel?

cs jail was such an awesome mod i hope it gets big in csgo like it was in css