1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Counter-Strike: Condition Zero

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by youngvboi, 1 Mar 2004.

1. youngvboi

youngvboi What's a Dremel?

wat do u guys think about condition zero?? good? great?

2. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

It hasn't even been released yet. :eyebrow:

3. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

well, its CS. and has bots. ummm.... yeah. I can go download real bot for free and play with myself for... free. forget condition zero. once they dropped the storyline idea and went with scenarios palyed in the default maps against bots it lost all appeal to me.

4. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

CS= teh 1337 ha><

Well i forgot about CS ages ago. That game just has too many problems with all the hacking. Hacking in CS means some guy sits in the corner and kills 10 people across the map, through walls in 3 seconds with his wallhacks and aimbots. I've read that COD is almost as bad. This kind of hacking totally takes all the fun out of it. If you compare that to the hacking in Desert combat, there's really no comparison. In DC we have a few people that use map hacks and nametag hacks so they can know where their enemies are, but they're still doomed if they're playing against half decent enemies. All the map hacks in the world aren't going to help you if you're in a tank and an apache or a10 is on to you. And all the map hacks in the world aren't going to help you if you can't fly and you just crash all the time.
    So in CS hacking makes you a god, in Desert combat hacking just makes you more aware of your surroundings and it's still mainly down to skill. On the other hand, we get a lot of noobs falsely accusing people of cheating. I mean people that just get owned totally and they can't grasp the concept that someone will stay alive the whole round if nobody bothers to go shoot them down. It has nothing to do with god mode, if there's no good fighter pilots around, you can be a god in the sky. Also, our clan is one of the best in europe, and some noobs will accuse the entire clan of cheating cause our guys are owning the top of the scoreboard on our main public server 95% of the time. I hate these noobs more than anything.
    There's also foghacks, deviation accuracy hacks and wallhacking, but they don't change much. I know wallhacking can be a problem in some maps of desert combat, but i've personally never seen it happen. It's not hard for a teammate to spot a wallhacker anyway. You can't hang around inside of walls without your teammates noticing. All in all, desert combat is a far more fun environment because hacking isn't really a problem, and i think there's a bit less 12 year old retards playing desert combat.
    Yeah i know you can sort most of these hacking problems out by having admins, but it's still a problem. Most servers won't have admins present 24/7. Well our clan almost has it 24/7 cause we all have admin rights. I've only ever suspected like three people of cheating in all the months of playing desert combat anyway. The main problem in desert combat is lame people basecamping the uncappable bases. I mean hanging around in the hangar in a tank, shooting the planes before they can move. Or clusterbombing the uncappable main base. We probably kick hundreds of people for this every day and people just don't get it. I think they never will.

5. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

Wow, you must ahve had some bad experiences in CS. I would say a good three quarters of the servers are fine to play in. I find that abusive admins are far more common than hackers anyhow.

I have played both CS and Desert Combat and love both for different reasons. There really is no comparison between CS and DC however, they are just far too different.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Its the way to go :thumb:

7. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

I only pick on hackers and annoying/abusive people :D

8. RTT

RTT #parp

I agree :D Since steam/1.6, its utter bullcrap :sigh:

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Join the UT revolution my friend, tis good, abeit lacks team play and realism but has better gfx and better physics.

10. kenshin

kenshin Banned

Cs was being ruined by steam at first because it was so buggy, but this has seemed to be fixed. I get accused of cheating constantly online that i hardly play on a public server anymore. Even on my own clan server i get accused. People who block constantly are the most annoying type of people.

Tags: