1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Counter-strike Source Mouse issue

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Skynt, 5 Apr 2008.

1. Skynt

Skynt New Member

This actually applies to seemingly all source games. Basically, I'll be strafing or walking forward and moving my cursor to aim at something when it suddenly seems interrupted and stops. It'll only continue moving after a split second or when I re-move the mouse. It's kinda hard to describe, but basically it's like the mouse is pausing on the screen at small, random intervals. The problem just appeared out of nowhere. I've played on this laptop (it's a Dell M1530) for a while with no problems. I searched the steam forums with no avail. I don't see the mouse issue in any other games outside the source engine. It seems to occur when I'm holding down a key more often then it does when I'm just moving the mouse. Not sure if it's hardware because I've interchanged mouses, plugged them into different USB ports, etc. Honestly, I think it's my keyboard, but that's just a worry of mine (since it's a laptop :-/)

EDIT: Further testing shows that it occurs when holding down a key or moving, not when moving the mouse. Still not sure it's the keyboard, but if it is how would I tell Dell about this?

Last edited: 5 Apr 2008
  2. Jik

Jik A Dremel, what is it?

Is the mouse wireless or bluetooth?

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

It does that to me too on a random basis. It is however in 1.6/CZ and not source. The solution I found that works on older PC's is to set the priority of the hl.exe process to Low in the task manager.

I know source doesn't use hl.exe, and I know that setting it to low doesn't make any sens... but for some reason, it does work

Now if you can adapt this to source, and if you are lucky , it might work

Oh and also make sure the main window of Steam is minimized