1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Couple of Spring pictures

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by teamtd11, 15 Apr 2010.

1. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

A couple of shots from today that i was quite happy with, feel free to comment and give feedback :)
    [​IMG]
    Model: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS
    Shutter Speed: 1/400 second
    Aperture: F/5.0
    Focal Length: 210 mm
    ISO Speed: 400

[​IMG]
    Model: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS
    Shutter Speed: 1/400 second
    Aperture: F/5.6
    Focal Length: 190 mm
    ISO Speed: 400

2. frojoe

frojoe What's a Dremel?

I like the composition of both shots, but especially like the second. In the first shot the focus distracts me little. My eye is drawn to the bee, but the bee seems a little out of focus, and the leaf above it is clear. If possible a smaller aperture and longer shutter might have been good so you got a little more in focus, while still having the background out of focus. Getting a little closer/zooming in would have helped improve the picture in my opinion as well, but I say that without knowing if that would have been possible in the situation. Love the second picture, especially the nice color in the background that makes the photo more interesting without being distracting. Nice work, and now I should get out and start shooting in this nice weather as well.

3. teamtd11

Thanks

The picture of the bee was a bit of luck, had a couple of seconds to get it before it went off and i agree a bit more of DoF would of helped when trying to find a small focus fast :) a lesson for another time.

And yes, get out shooting :)

4. cybergenics

cybergenics What's a Dremel?

I take it you didn't use a tripod ?

5. teamtd11

I have one, but i only take it when i go for photography, these where photos i got just on my walk home from work.

6. cybergenics

Can I ask why you used ISO400 ? I would use that outside if I was shooting my son playing football or something or a Tennis match. I.e. Moving stuff.

Often, you can shoot at say 100 and use a flash for fill in and get some spectacular results, right now, I like the pics but they are aren't drawing me in much.

7. teamtd11

well the main thing i was doing in the day was trying to catch birds in the trees, but the only good shots i go where these. so i was on iso400 for trying to point the camera towards the faster shutters for capturing a quick moment in av mode before a bird spotted me and hid.

Thanks for the advice, i will certainly try a fill flash out and about some more :)

8. cybergenics

Ok I get you, often when you are just taking opportunities you have to do what you need to do.