1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Covers that beat the original.

Discussion in 'General' started by AngelOfRage, 18 Sep 2007.

1. GuitarBizarre

GuitarBizarre <b>banned</b>

Haha no problem, I didnt take any offense at all. I take pride in my music taste to be honest, and its probably the most diverse of any single person I know, in terms of ages, audiences and styles and so on. But honestly, for all I listen to music, I have yet to find anything that beats a bit of Floyd. Only Jeff Buckley and a few others come close, and even then I have to be in the mindset to listen to it.

2. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

I see what ya mean. Buckley's gotta be a mood for me too. My tastes run the gamut and occasionally outside of it. I mean, who in their right mind would listen to vacuum cleaners run through distortion?! Oh, wait...I do. And apparently many others out there as well. Seriously, there are too many wonderful styles that are offered by this world to close your mind to them and not even give them a chance.

I know this is all off-topic a bit, but I just saw Interpol on tuesday. Wow, is all I can say. Those guys can play, and play well. Sounded better live than they do on disc, as far as I'm concerned.

And back on topic, I love the cover of Depeche Mode's 'Enjoy the Silence' that Lacuna Coil did on their latest album. Very energetic.

3. Grings

Grings I am rubber, you are glue

I like the White Stripes Covers of Stop Breaking Down (Robert Johnson, originally covered by the Rolling Stones) and One more cup of coffee (Dylan)
    The Bands version of I shall be released (Dylan again)
    Creams version of Crossroads (Robert Johnson)
    Nirvana's The man who sold the world (Bowie)
    And just about anything Hendrix covered

4. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

My mate played me that, it's awesome :D
    Love that one too, shame their cover of Kerosene wasn't as good.

I absolutely love Rico's cover of Gary Numan's 'Big Black Sea'. Actually Rico has done some other cracking covers too.

5. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

How on Earth could I forget the greatest cover ever known to all humanity?!? Of course I mean the Revolting Cocks cover of 'Do Ya Think I'm Sexy' :D

[EDIT]I would post the video link, but it's just plain disturbing.[/EDIT]

6. E.E.L. Ambiense

RevCo Cheesecake!

7. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Love that song... I had no idea it was a cover o_O

8. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

QFT, theres has only been two pink floyd covers i like, both done in bars by two different bands who i have never heard of

9. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

17 here, and I do love Pink Floyd. I listen to them loads. I'm just saying that you can't completely discount some of the fairly decent covers done by other bands. What I like about some of the covers are that the style is quite differnet, it puts an interesting spin on an awesome original.

10. E.E.L. Ambiense

Oh, no...'course not. There are quite a lot of quality covers out there. Believe me, I have quite an extensively open mind regarding music. Like I said earlier, I listen to vacuum cleaners run through distortion. And yes, that I consider music also. :thumb:

11. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

ahhh 40....50 its all the same I mean i dont even remember family members or mates birthdays never mind radio 1's lol

Tags: