1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU check

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Snipes0990, 4 Jun 2007.

1. Snipes0990

Snipes0990 What's a Dremel?

I have an athlon 64 4200x2 and managed to drop it while leaving a lan party, when i powered the system up i got nothing but a solid hdd activity light and not post or post codes, then after about 25sec the comp would shut off, i reset the bios and got it to stay on though still no post, so i went out to get a new board just to see if my other hardware worked and everything checks out, my ram is all recognized and working, as is my cpu but i am looking for a program to thoroughly check my cpu to make sure there is absolutely no damage, doe such a program exist or should i just be happy that the system is running stable and assume that everything is alright. thanks for the help

2. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

There's no software that can check the physical condition of your processor. Did you bend any contact pins? I'm not sure if the processor would suffer internal damage from dropping it on a mild surface, unless it were on cement or ceramic tile.

3. mctigger

mctigger What's a Dremel?

maybe just me, but was it the just the cpu you dropped? cos the way i read it, it sounds like it was the whole system u dropped? i am extremely tired, so this maybe why im thinking this.lol