1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU CPU Overheating

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by L0ST-R4V3N, 5 Jun 2014.

1. L0ST-R4V3N

L0ST-R4V3N What's a Dremel?

Hi guys kind of new to forum as had an account awhile ago but don't have access to old email lol any ways the problem I'm having is my CPU is over heating while idle and when just switching on as when it's on there is nothing on the screen and my h100i tubing is getting hot the pump on the h100i is working as managed to get into the bios and it is showing normal the voltages are showing normal as well my CPU is an AMD FX 8350 not over clocked,

My system specs are

CPU - AMD FX 8350
    MB - Asus Sabortooth 990fx r2.0
    Ram - Corsair Vengance 8gb 2x 4gb sticks
    GPU - EVGA GeForce gtx 780
    HDD - WD green 1tb
    PCI Card - Asus Pce-ac68 wifi card
    PSU - Corsair RM850

Any help with this issue would be very grateful thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

Your posts are subject to moderation at the moment - until you have posted 10 times, please don't post the same thing over and over again and instead wait for your original post to be moderated!

have you checked the seating for the h100 block? Might be worth a reseat.

How do you know the pump is working? If your tubing is getting hot, that makes it sound like your pump is not working, as otherwise the water would be getting moved around in the loop.

Has this only just happened, or is it a new build? are you definitely sure you have the h100i connected up sufficiently to ensure the pump is getting power etc.

3. L0ST-R4V3N

Sorry about the reposting I'm now going to reseat the h100i block as had to go get some new TIM.

In the bios it is saying that the pump is running as it shows it running at 2356 rpm as I managed to get in the bios before it started over heating, the h100i is getting power ad it's connect via a sata power connector and in the CPU fan header on the mother board

The tubing and radiator was both getting hot, it's not a new build well i built it about 2 months ago.

4. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

As Margon said. If the tubing is getting hot, the pump definitely isn't functioning or isn't functioning correctly.

If the pump is working properly, the tubing should only get slightly warm to the touch.

5. L0ST-R4V3N

I will reseat the block and see what happens if it is the H100i I'll send it back and get replacement

6. L0ST-R4V3N

Just reseated the H100i block with new TIM and it's still doing it, if I touch the bottom tube it's warm not super hot I'm going to stick a stock amd cooler on the processor and see what that does but leave the H100i plugged in to see if it gets hit without being on the CPU so if it does I'll contact corsair for them to sort it and see how the temps go with stock amd cooler

7. L0ST-R4V3N

Right did some tests put the standed stock heatsink that came with the CPU and the temperature is rising when it's idle sitting in the bios

I left the H100i plugged it and rested it so it wouldn't get damaged and the pump is working fine and did not get hot at all when it was not on the CPU it stayed very cold.

8. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

It will be cold because there is no heat source. What is your temp in the BIOS with stock cooler?

9. L0ST-R4V3N

With the stock cooler it just keeps rising like it did with the H100i just keeps going over 60c I shut it down when it hit 65c as it just don't stop.

I know I will be cold as I was testing to see if the pump was over heating or having issues but that seems to be fine