1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Crash on high GPU load

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kylevdm, 9 Jun 2012.

1. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

Hey all,

I am currently in Belgium with only my MBP (2010), I have windows boot camped but about once a game while playing LoL - so no a massive load - the computer freezes and crashes, it honestly looks and sounds like the a dvd has bounced... The video just stays on the last frame before the crash and the sound bit just repeats.

Any ideas?

2. Fantus

Fantus Nothing to see here...

Can you quit the game and kill the process or do you have to turn the MBP of completely?

Might be worth having a look in the system logs, see if any errors are showing there.

3. Kylevdm

I have to kill the MBP and restart, it is driving me mental! It was happening once or twice a day but not it is every 40-50 minutes, I can play diablo 3 on OS X just fine but not so much LoL on the windows partition.

4. Fantus

Fantus Nothing to see here...

This is the MBP with Intel HD graphics, right?
    If so, my wife's has a few quirks under Windows as well. Nothing wrong with the Hardware, stuff like the screen brightness changing if you Alt-Tab out of a game and back in. In OS X it's fine.

Does it happen with any other games or full-screen 3D programs?

5. Kylevdm

It has a NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M so it should be fine... it is fine doing anything else, have not played any other games on windows as I only play LoL, I have however played 6 hours of Diablo today on OSX with no problems at all!

Last edited: 10 Jun 2012
  6. Kylevdm

There was a windows update - which restarted without permission and closed a game of LoL RAGE, but I should have turned auto updates off - and now the problem only occurs every 5 games or so... hmmm