1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crazy ethernet light.

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Ryu_ookami, 8 Feb 2008.

1. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Hi whats the best and easiest way to tell who is connected to my network. The reason I ask, is because for the past day my PC's been running so slowly its unreal (its taken 30 minutes just to open bit-tech) however when I look at the modem/router I have the Ethernet port light is constantly flashing. I know none of the other PC's are connected to the network at the moment (I've turned them all off) so it makes no sense for it to be going as crazy as it is I'm in the process of running a full virus scan or I will be after posting this. I've checked processes and theres nothing strange there. so any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

2. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Start > Run > cmd > netstat

See if anything comes up there?

3. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

about 3 pages of stuff came up some that I know I'm definitely not connected to so later on I'm going to shut all the internet pages I have open down and reset the router and then try it again and see what happens thanks for the reply I'd forgotten all about netstat.

4. johnmalc

johnmalc That shouldn't happen....

Doesn't your router have a page saying who/what is connected to it? Mine does.

5. lworbey

lworbey What's a Dremel?

Sounds like you might have something suspicious sending stuff out to the internet...

6. monkeybone

monkeybone What's a Dremel?

Depending on the router you are using it should allow you to view all connected mac addresses whether it's via wireless or wired. Typically it would give you the pc name, mac and ip address assigned and in some cases ip lease time.

Monkeybone

Tags: