1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Creating an Image pack

Discussion in 'Software' started by SparkuS, 12 Apr 2011.

1. SparkuS

SparkuS What's a Dremel?

Hi folks,

I'm looking for image editing software (similar to photoshop), that you can easily drag, drop and resize images, add a caption and then print as a PDF. I need to create a visual pack for a client with multiple pages with multiple images. Ideally the software will allow multiple pages on the same template.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. TSDAdam

TSDAdam Beard!

GIMP's script-fu might be able to do what you want, and for free, but you'd need to invest the time in learning to make it do what you want.

If it were me, and depending on the level of quality you want in the images, I'd probably do the following.

1. Install Irfanview. It's small, free and allows easy batch resizing/naming of whole folders of images.
    2. Use any page-setting software to create a simple template, even Word would do at a push. Image at the top, caption underneath or whatever.
    3. Duplicate the page, change the picture (using your newly resized and resampled images) on each page and the caption. It would be a reasonably quick process, depending on how many images you're talking about.
    4. Install PrimoPDF or a similar free PDF printer. Print your document to this new faux-printer which will create a multi-page PDF for you. You can alter quality vs size in the options.

There might be far more elegant solutions, but if it were me doing it right now, with a deadline, that would do me :)