1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creative NOMAD Zen VS. Apple Ipod 4th Gen. - Which is better, Pro's and Cons Please??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by G4m3R_X3r0, 15 Dec 2004.

?

Which is better

Poll closed 13 Feb 2005.
  1. Creative NOMAD Zen

25 vote(s)
    54.3%
  2. Apple Ipod

14 vote(s)
    30.4%
  3. I honestly don't know

7 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. G4m3R_X3r0

G4m3R_X3r0 What's a Dremel?

I looking to invest in an MP3 Player but don't know what i would really like, opinions and reviews are welcome.

2. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

I would actually suggest an iRiver. Linky

3. 1st time modder

1st time modder What's a Dremel?

the iriver looks like it has more bang for your buck. It has a color screen, has an fm tuner, voice recorder. Although it doesnt look as clean as the ipod, maybe i also will consider this instead of an ipod

4. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

Pro's of an iPod: Sleek, sexy, and powerful. Pretty looking, tons of plugins and such, and Apple makes things very integrated.

Con's of an iPod: The iPod OS is extremely touchy, in fact right now I'm trying to get mine to work (it's a 3rd Gen. one, but still) because it refuses to correctly sync (have used it for a little over a year though, very handy)

That's all I can say, only because I own an iPod

:thumb:

5. G4m3R_X3r0

Keep coming guys i want to know more! The mag. Reviews on this isn't enough!!

6. Prophet

Prophet Minimodder

Post reply, well ive gone for the iPod for christmas this year... Mainly cos it does what it says on the tin and from other peoples verdict it does it well, and at the same time looks awsome. The iRiver's do look like a nice buy but in the miss mp3 player of the year department score 0 in the looks category.. its fugly :/ Oh, and costs a butt load more than the iPod to :/

So im gonna stick my vote in for iPod, the 4th G's have the cool new clicky wheel from the iPod mini, better battery life and well, u dont *have* to use the iTunes software now do you :D

Proph.

7. hardflipman

hardflipman What's a Dremel?

i'd go for an ipod. never had any problems with mine and had it for a year now. definitely look better than an iriver or nomad and the interface is great. and i really don't see what the problem is with itunes. in fact i use itunes on all my pcs...

8. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Get either a Zen Touch, or a Zen micro dependant on how much music you plan to stick on and what your aesthetic tastes prefer. If you really want the extra features, the iRiver costs a fair bit more but is quite smart.

<A88>

9. fev

fev Industry Fallout

got me a 4th gen 20gig HP ipod from the states a month back.

cannot fault it at all, sounds great through some proper sony headphones or the sennheiser's when at home. Also it's firewire and usb2 so you can take your pick which one you want to use when. IE: swapping machines

There's my 2 pence

10. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

go with an ipod :thumb: they are wiked, my bro has one... the only problem with them is itunes lol :hehe: i dont mind it just find it can be annoying on a slow computer :hip:

11. scotty6435

scotty6435 What's a Dremel?

You're probably not gonna geat a very even response from here as most people have/like the iPod as the Zen is pretty new. the redesigned Zen is pretty blood amazing from what I've heard and quite a lot cheaper than the iPod.

I too prefer the iRiver (got a H-120 myself). It has better sound quality than the iPod, supports all audio types and has digital/analogue in, voice recorder (MP3 & WAV), FM radio (+ recording) and really nice battery life. Best check out some MP3 forums and see if there's any others that might be better for ya.

12. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

I'd have to agree- I recommended a Zen Touch to a mate, he bought it, and it's amazing! You can pick one up for £160 where I've seen the iPods for around £220, which are minus WMA support, less battery life and other features I'm too tired to remeber ;)

<A88>

13. Athlon3400

Athlon3400 What's a Dremel?

I pods and zen's are so much alike its recidulous, the zen has a very tough aluminum case but the ipod has a very tough plastic case, OS are about the same, features are about the same, but:

Sound quality is MUCH better on a zen, the zen can be used as a harddrive, the zen can be upgraded easily and inexpensivly and most of all

the zen is MUCH less expensive, I have owned two of each and am MUCH more satisfied in EVERYWAY with the zen.

-athlon3400

14. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

i love my zen :D
    however if i ever manage to break it (damn thing is indestructible!) ill probably get an iRiver
    imo, iriver > zen > ipod

15. padrejones2001

Personally, I've used all of them and the iRivers have amazing sound quality. They'd be my choice. Really nice prices, too. Cheaper than the iPods and more features by far. Oh, and they're service is amazing. I dropped mine in the sink and they replaced...no questions asked.

16. G4m3R_X3r0

What were you doing with it over the sink???

17. padrejones2001

Fell out of my pocket in the morning, while I was washing my face/brushing teeth.

18. fev

fev Industry Fallout

can use the ipod as a portable HD too,

19. Arkuden

Arkuden mow?

Creative Labs Zen Touch... need i say more :D

I got 26 hours of continuous playback last week on mine and its only rated for 24hrs.

Amazing sound quality,
    easy interface,
    Lower cost
    Nice design
    Transfer software is simple and easy
    I like it :D
    Faceplate does not scratch like an ipod does.
    Cool Blue backlight
    supports several formats of music (i.e. dont have to have itunes files.)

Cons:
    A little bigger than an IPOD

20. padrejones2001

I don't think it gets a whole lot easier than using the iRiver. You just plug it in, Windows recofnizws it as a second hard drive, and it's all click and drag from there. No program to install, and no learning curve. If you have the dexterity of a two-year-old, you can use the iRiver. There's also the firmware upgradeability, which is a lot like a driver update. They always have new feature with each upgrade, longer battery life too, and updated user interfaces. There's not too many players out there that can do that.