1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Creative shrinks workforce by half

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 5 Jan 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. n3mo

n3mo New Member

Serves them right for making crappy soundcards, treating their customers as idiots and stupid, ignorant advertising.

But jokes aside, sometimes I like living in a "almost third world" country. No signs of any financial crisis here, actually we benefit from western financial problems.

3. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

I reckon we'll see a lot of this as companies cut costs and go into hibernation a bit while we wait out the slow down.

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i applaud their death with 4 pairs of hands...

5. Matticus

Matticus ...

Yeah I am sure 2,700 people (and maybe families) deserved to loose their jobs. The fat cats of creative are still sitting pretty so its just the average joe who is loosing out.

6. n3mo

n3mo New Member

I hope that most of the lost jobs were from marketing.

7. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Yup, and when Hitler had his ass kicked in WW2 it was just the hundreds of thousands of people (and maybe families) who lost their lives. The fat cats of the Nazi regime still sat pretty for years.

Also, it's LOSE!

I too applaud their death with many a slimey tentacle.

8. Matticus

Matticus ...

Wow. I love how you used a nazi comparison to mock me, what I fail to understand is why...

Fair enough you don't like creative, I don't have much love for them either, but what is your problem with the fact that people who aren't evil nazi's lost their jobs?

I feel that perhaps you are just being an idiot for the sake of being an idiot.

And oh no I accidentally put an extra O in.

Oh and if we must be pedantic, slimy has no E in it.

9. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

2 700 people is a tiny drop in an ocean of the huge number of people getting sacked recently around the world, we are in bloody global recession and Creative's suck-the-most-c**ks-and-screw-the-most-client policy has dictated their path of failure.

I feel sad when people are left without a job and subsistence, but, i have ABSOLUTELY no sympathy for a company managed by morons and goes to huge steps and bounds to make their products loose all credibility!!! Each step they take forward is followed by a huge sack of FAIL!

The fat cats are still fat? Not for long... suicides are starting to happen and some fat cats are starting to get slim.

And guys... please don't Godwin this!!

10. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Not mocking you, making a point.

Nazis were evil, that's the point. Creative are also a bunch of tossers, that's a point. The people who worked for Hitler weren't blameless just because they worked at the bottom, or just because they didn't do anything directly wrong themselves. They were part of an evil organisation, and therefore I'm not sympathetic that thousands of Nazi soldiers who simply took part in a war for their country without intending individually to do evil were killed. They were part of something that was better destroyed.

Similarly, although those 2700 creative employees may not be responsible themselves for the nasty acts of creative, they are part of the organisation and so I've got little sympathy for them being made unemployed, as it's a sign that creative is failing, and that's a good thing.

Undoubtedly.

Indeed, oh noes. And yes, we must be pedantic.

11. naokaji

naokaji whatever

The problem is though, the job market was tough allready before the current crisis, go count the jobs that have allready been cut over the last years or outsourced to some 3rd world country.
    Point is, if you can get a job these days, you take it, no matter with what company since you are not in a position to be picky and there will be 100's of applications for the same job, so it will be a rushed decision by you.
    Once you have the job, what are you going to do if you don't agree with what the company does? complain? I can tell you the answer right away, get lost, if we advertise your job today at 25% less salary we will have 100+ applications before the end of the week.

Tags: Add Tags