1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Creative Sound Blaster WoW Wireless Headset Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 21 Mar 2010.

1. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

2. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

If they would release a vanilla version of this headset for around $100 it would be mine.

It's funny that people would be so into WoW this long since release, goes to show how much better Blizzard is at running an MMO than anyone else.

I request a picture of someone in the Bit offices wearing this headset with the sidelights on. :p

3. Bad_cancer

Bad_cancer Mauritius? 2nd speck east of africa

I second that. prwetty pwease?

4. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

Get rid of the WoW junk and lights, make it look less like an ufo and sell it for £100 and I might consider this. Might even get two so that we stop annoying the neighbours when we watch films late at night.

5. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

i bought the sennheiser RS130 back in january, they were £80, come with great sennheiser sound quality and a stand for recharging. best of all they dont have plastuic runes on the side and there isnt a novelty light anywhere near them.

for anyone over 13 i can fully recommend the sennies, if you want to spend £50 more on flashing lights go ahead!

murtoz likes this.
  6. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

With luck these will sell well and we'll see a pair of non-wow branded ones. Good wireless headset with built in mic is something I've been looking forward too. Very happy with my Steelseries 5hv2's but wireless would be niiiicceee :D

7. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Staff Super Moderator

Richard and I have already lost all respect at home and in the office by wearing these and I doubt we'd have any respect left if we posted pictures of ourselves :D Only kidding, they're not that bad and you can turn the lights off using the software.

I'd been using the RS120's till they died recently (AAA batteries went all gooey so not the headphones fault) and I agree they did sound good, were comfortable and the charging stand is much more convenient than having to plug the Creative's in every couple of days.

Having tweaked the software and enabled all the X-Fi bells and whistles though, they do sound much better than the Sennheiser's, bass especially, and have a mic too don't forget.

8. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

ROFL, Saw bindi's pic of them last week. I can't imagine any reason why someone would want their ears to be glowing like something from Mega Man (unless cosplay?). It's a shame as they sound like a decent bit of kit.

9. murtoz

murtoz Busy procrastinating

Couldn't agree more...
    +rep

10. thehippoz

thehippoz New Member

these are perfect for slapping off someones head

11. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

well i'll certainly keep an eye out for batteries going gooey in that case! i believe the sound on the 130's to be slightly better, but its obviously subjective in any case, the stand is a big plus imo and is something i looked for when buying.

it just seems they've missed their market here, the price is surely too high for anyone young enough to want these. a "vanilla" version with a wow release later down the line may have been more sensible

12. Scootiep

Scootiep Member

I'm an avid WoW player and I am in full agreement with this article. Creative, remove the branding, make the changes suggested and you will have my money faster than a stripper with a double F's

13. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 New Member

This. :p

14. Unknownsock

Unknownsock New Member

Hmm just because some of us like WoW doesn't mean we want to be plastered with WoW peripheral.
    We aren't 10yo's..

But either way i just don't trust wireless products yet.

15. MorpheusUK

MorpheusUK a Noob that knows something

all I have to say is WOW, what a price.

16. Tsung

Tsung New Member

I shall have to look out for these at any future lan parties..
    The lights appear to serve two purposes..
    1. Look at me, I have more money than sense.. Well at least you will be able to identify them from a mile away.
    2. Look at my expensive headphones; if you plan to steal any, you oughter be stealing these bad boys.

It's a shame they dont make none fluffy ones, I'd love to have a decent set of wireless headphones.

Last edited: 22 Mar 2010
  17. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

+1

18. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Whitelist Bit-Tech in your adblock!

Hear, hear. (And that's coming from a hopeless WoW addict.)

19. Gashura

Gashura New Member

Someones always crying over everything. Don't like the runes? Well I'm sure the design team knows more about what the players would want and has spend time developing the aesthetics. And their for wow fans to use while at home so who gives 2 shits about the lights? Had they not been implemented they wouldn't go so well with my WoW steelseries mouse. And I say this not to defend the product having bought it but giving my opinion that it's a good product pricey yes but their not the only set of headphones out there. $2 for a made in china piece of **** or go on ebay and pay $20-$40 for regular wireless. That having been said I don't see all this bitch about the price when, A: You don't even like it so find something you do want then look at the price. And B: It is what it is and it's directed to wow players as as one I love how it's designed.

20. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

Haha! Can we have a picture of you wearing them, pwetty pwease. :D

The point people are making is that the WoW stuf is over the top and detracts from wjhat would otherwise be an excelent piece of kit. Sadly, a non-WoW version of this headset isn't available yet. These are our opinions of the product as it is, no more no less.

P.S: The world isn't split into '$2 made in china piece of ****' earphones and WoW headsets (which by the way, are probably also made in china). Luckily.

Tags: Add Tags